The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management / Communications Officer
Pay Band: 6
Contract Type: Fixed term 8 months with possible extension
- The post holder will be responsible for component level coordination and management of EU-ACT Programme’s knowledge management and communication process.
- The post hold will work closely with and support the Communications / Media Manager, M&E lead, and component teams in planning, implementation and management of the programme Knowledge Management and communication process.
Main Accountabilities (but not limited to the following:)
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- To organise, coordinate and manage EU-ACT Programme knowledge management and communication events to a high standard and within deadline.
- To liaise and work with the support unit in the facilitation of logistics support for all planned M&E, KM and communication activities
- To provide financial support to the Programme Manager, Technical team and Finance team, including the detailed budgeting for planned events, raising advances, issuing payments to workshop participants, processing of workshop claims, retirement of advances in a timely manner with regards all M&E, KM and communication events
- To support initiatives led by M&E lead to develop and monitor activities and interventions across all components.
- To ensure timely and effective capturing of reports using the appropriate templates
- To support the State Focal Persons (SFPs) in compilation of monthly and quarterly reports
- Support communication lead in the planning and implementation of the communication and visibility plans of the EU-ACT Programme
- Ensure that both internal and external communications are in line with programme’s communication strategy
- Liaise with the knowledge management expert in the development and implementation of the EU-ACT team’s lessons learning agenda including: develop a complimentary internal communications plan for the dissemination of information across internal teams; develop a strategy for implementing learning and knowledge management; and coordinate and facilitate external knowledge sharing activities with like-minded organizations.
- To provide support to component team on all Knowledge Management activities, broaden the reach of programme impact and improve its sustainability.
- Ensure professionalism is demonstrated in own work area and that customer / client needs and perspectives are reflected in own behaviours and focus.
- To support the embedding of continuous learning and improvement into the team.
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Graduate level Education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with an FCR project/s.
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- Experience of scheduling and supporting meetings with internal stakeholders / external partners
- Basic IT skills including word and excel.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2022 (23:59 Nigeria Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online