Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior IT Infrastructure Analyst – Network & Communications
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Snr. IT Infrastructure Analyst – Network & Communications
- This role will be responsible for serving as IT expert participating in a variety of analytical and technical assignments that include Implementation, administration, support, and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, and network products in an information technology infrastructure environment.
- This role is split between providing daily operational support for existing infrastructure and Project based work leading to the development and deployment of new infrastructure services.
- Implementation, support, monitoring and maintenance of IE Data Centre and other site infrastructure and services, including but not limited to LAN and WAN services, telephony services, electrical supply (UPS, inverter), cooling and fire suppressant systems and ensuring 24/7 availability of infrastructure services.
- Proactively monitoring of all IT network and communications services and prompt escalation of downtime and service degradation on need basis.
- Perform regular maintenance on all network and communications services as defined on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the Senior IT Analyst in ensuring all network and communications services comply with Ikeja Electric Policies, processes, and procedures.
- Work closely with our other support team/units to ensure network connectivity requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Ensure Internet & Network, Firewalls, Data Centre Infrastructure, Access Points Availability & Stability in all Business Locations.
- Ensure capturing and closure of all Incidents and Service request tickets within SLA on the ITSM platform. Also, ensure timely documentation and closure of Change requests tickets on the ITSM platform.
- Resolution of tickets placed assigned to the Network and Communication team.
- Responsible for logging incident, service request and change management tickets in the IT Service Management tool as need arises.
- Ensure project work and changes are successfully planned, implemented, and tested
- Standardize Infrastructure processes, procedures, and equipment for all supported services.
- Assist the Senior IT Analyst in developing operational, installation, configuration and upgrade documentation for communication systems, hardware, network, and security.
- Carry out additional duties as requested by IT Management.
- First Degree (M. Tech. / B. Sc. in Information Technology or Computer Science or any other related field)
- At least 2 years’ practical experience in an IT Support and Network Administration role
- Must have at least one of the following certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate or Network+
- Certified Network Associate, Network +, A+ , Microsoft Certified Professional or associated certifications. CCNA is mandatory.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, and Wireless technologies
- Experience with working in an ITIL driven environment
- Experience with DCIM, Excel, Visio and PRTG
- Hands-on experience with Firewalls and other network security solutions Alien Vault, Portnox, Palo Alto and Sophos will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Cisco and Huawei network devices and different networking protocols – BGP, OSPF and BGP.
- Experience with working in an ITIL environment
- Hands-on experience with firewalls and any other network security solutions e.g Palo, Alto and Sophos
- Networking Administration
- Server Administration
- Disaster Recovery
- Hardware Configuration
- Application Support and Maintenance
- Information Security
- Data Centre Support
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Can do Attitude to work
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online