Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) Limited, which has remained a milestone in Nigeria’s automobile industry, was conceived in 1969 by the then Federal Military Government under the leadership of General Yakubu Gowon. And in the build-up to actualize the dream, 16 reputable vehicle manufacturing companies were invited to tender their proposals for the establishment of a vehicle assembly plant in the country. Thus, with the high acceptability and demand of Peugeot vehicles in the country, the proposal of Automobile Peugeot France (AP France) scaled through on May 7, 1971.
PAN Nigeria Limited, a joint venture between the Federal Government and AP France, was incorporated on December 15, 1972 and 27 months after incorporation, the Kaduna based assembly plant was commissioned by General Yakubu Gowon on March 11, 1975. In November 2006, PAN was privatized in line with Government’s agenda to build a stronger, more competitive and diversified economy; ASD Motors emerged as the successful core investor and took over management of the company in January 2007. The expectation was that the privatization of PAN would create a quantum leap in performance, but this did not happen as planned.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Jigs / Local Content Development Officer
Job Ref.: PANJ022022
Reports To: Head, Production
Job Division / Department / Unit: Operations & Technical Division
Employment Type: Full-time
- To design, develop and fabricate jigs and local parts for production.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Design and fabricate jibs for productionContinuous Analysis and Follow-up of Products Modifications / Adaptations.
- Drive the local content development policy of PAN.
- Coordinates Product review and design, creation and analysis of projects technical documents for local parts manufacturing and receipt of same from relevant sources.
- Coordinates PAN Operations & Technical Division Research & Development initiatives.
- Liaise with local auto component parts manufacturers willing to partner with PAN.
Education & Experience
- A First Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical / Material Management Engineering and Automobile Technology will be required.
- 1-2 years cognate work experience. Working knowledge of local automobile industry will be an added advantage.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Industrial Design (Computer Aided Design)
- Industrial Safety Management
- Plant operation management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Oral and written communication Skills
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online