Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
See JAMB Syllabus for Music 2023/2024. The JAMB Music syllabus is the topic you must study for the UTME examination.
Using the JAMB syllabus to study for your examination is the open secret to getting a high score.
The JAMB Music syllabus also contains objectives for each topic. These objectives are what you must know for every topic you study.
This post contains the complete list of topics in the JAMB Music syllabus. Let me know in the comment section if you have any questions.
JAMB Syllabus for Music 2023/2024
Comparative Music Studies
- An Overviews of the Following Black Musicians (Composers, Performers, ETC) In The Diaspora
- Musical Genres
- The Spirit of Nationalism in Nigerian Music
- Basic Chord Progressions in Four-Part Vocal Style (Satb) In Major Keys Not Exceeding Two Sharps and Two Flats
- Cadences in Major Keys Not Exceeding Two Sharps and Two Flats
- Elementary Composition
- Kinds of Motions
- Non-Harmonic Tones/Non-Chord Tones
- Triads and Their Inversions in Major/Minor Keys, Not Exceeding Two Sharps and Two Flats
History and Literature of African Music
- Evolution and Development of African Popular Music
- General Knowledge of the Features and Forms of Nigeria Traditional Music and Other Art
- Knowledge of The Live and Music of the Following African Popular Musicians
- Knowledge of The Lives and Music of the Following African Art Musicians Nigerian Folksongs, Types, Forms and Characteristics
History and Literature of Western Music
- Historical Development of Western Music Styles in Respect of the Periods Music Forms and Media
Rudiments of Music
- A-Key Signatures and Scales
- Definition of Simple Musical Terms, Signs and Abbreviations
- Keyboard Setting, Enharmonic Equivalents and Accidental
- Music Notes / Rests and Their Corresponding Values
- The Staff
- Time/Time Signature
- Transcription of Music from Staff into Tonic Solfa Notation and Vice-Versa
- List of Universities That Accept Low JAMB Score for All Courses
- JAMB CAPS 2022: How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission Offer
- JAMB Result 2022/2023 Checker Portal – www.jamb.gov.ng Login Website
- Guide On How to Check JAMB Results 2022 With Phone SMS 55019 or 66019
- Differences Between JAMB and school Post UTME cut off marks
- UTME 2022: JAMB Cut Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics [See Full List]
- JAMB Change of Course And Institution / Data Correction 2022/2023 Step By Step
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Music
- Akpabot, S. E. (1986) Foundation of Nigerian Traditional Music, Ibadan: Spectrum.
- Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (1958) Rudiments and Theory of Music, London.
- Cole, W. (1969) The Form of Music, London: The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
- Echezona, W. W. C. (1981) Nigerian Musical Instruments, Enugu: Apollo Publishing Ltd.
- Ekwueme, L. (1993) Choir Training and Choral Conducting for Africans, Lagos: Lenaus Advertising and Publishing Company.
- Holst, I. (1963) An ABC of Music, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hosier, (1961) Instruments of the Orchestra, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hunt, R. (1960) Elements of Music.
- Inanga, A. (1993) Music for Secondary Schools Vols. I and II, Ibadan: Spectrum.
- Kamien, R. (1990) Music: An Appreciation, London: McGraw Â– Hill Publishing Company.
- Kennedy, M. (1985) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music, (Third Edition), London: Oxford University Press.
- Kitson, C. H. (1978) Elementary Harmony Book 2, London: Oxford University Press.
- Kofoworola, Z. O. And Lateef, Y. (1987) Hausa performing Arts and Music, Lagos: Nigeria Magazine.
- Lovelock, W. (1953) A Concise History of Music, London: Bell and Hyman.
- Lovelock, W.(1996) The Rudiments of Music, London. G. Bell and sons Limited.
- Machlis, J. (1977) The Enjoyment of Music, New York: W. W. Norton.
- Mensah, A. A. (Undated) Folksongs for Schools, Accra.
- Morris, R. O. (1974) The Oxford Harmony, Vol. I, London: Oxford University Press.
- Nketia, J. H. (1974) African Music, New York: W. W. Norton Company.
- Palmer, K. (1965) Teach Yourself Music, London: The English University Press Limited.
- Reed, H. O. (1954) Basic Music: A Basic Theory Text, New York:, N. Y. Mills Music Inc.
- Taylor, E. (1989) The Guide to Music Theory, London: The Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music.
- Warburton, A. O. (1955) Graded Music Course for Schools, Books I Â– III, London: Longman.