The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET), is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organisation Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Coordinator
Duration of Contract: 1 Year
Work Hours: Full Time
Terms of Reference
- Create guidelines to end users on the use of IT tools/software across departments and projects.
- Coordinate IT requirements or specifications for program events and meetings
- Act as link between end user’s requirement and higher-level support
- Identifies, proposes, plans and implements actions to improve IT operations.
- Monitors and update IT infrastructure assets and inventory in collaboration with Admin/Procurement
- Troubleshoot and recommend solutions to network issues.
- Manage office 365 user accounts and SharePoint online.
- Maintenance and management of web application domain names
- Develop standards for all web server builds and configurations.
- Develop new web solutions through packaged and customized applications.
- Design, develop and maintain companywide intranet.
- Maintain and enhance existing web application and ensure that all internal systems are optimized, secured and compliant.
- Interface with project managers and developers in the design and architecture of new web services
- Interface with third-party web services providers
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) e.g OPEN DATA KIT (ODK)
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development.
- Coordinate and ensure that IT Officers provides adequate data security to all online applications through firewall configuration and patches update.
- Maintenance and Management of Windows Server 2012 R2 Server
- Maintenance and Management of Microsoft Exchange Server
- Design and maintenance of routine backup systems
- Maintenance and management of shared drive
- Maintenance and management of all program HP ProLiant servers
- Maintenance and management of active directory users and services
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer science and other related courses
- Information Technology Professional body will be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of proven post graduate work experience in Information Technology or similar role in corporate environment or any reputable organization preferably an NGO.
- Certification (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ etc.)/MCP/MSCTS is a plus.
- Experience in network management and help desk support is appreciated.
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair user PC.
- Experienced in Web Development and Administration
- Working Knowledge of SQL & databases is a must.
- Good working Knowledge of office 365 and SharePoint online management
- Good working knowledge of domain name records and web application port management
- Must be able to create, manage and maintain an eLearning portal for archiving staff training presentations.
- Good working knowledge of using SCORM in eLearning is required.
- Ability to perform Network Address Translation and Port forwarding is required.
- Good working knowledge of ODK aggregate server deployment on a windows server 2012 is required.
- Exceptional customer-service skills and effective as well as excellent communication both verbal and written and relationship skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and excellent organizational/coordination.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- You application should contain the following:
- Motivation letter, including discussion of understanding of assignment(s)
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their Application Letter
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.