Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory and Administration Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seek to recruit a talented and God fearing Inventory and Administration Officer who believes in local organizations, that not all Nigerians are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest.
- Someone who shares this ideologies and who see helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from Almighty God.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- S/he will be responsible for monitoring the shipment, production, and ensuring that the data remains maintained and updated in the system
- S/he will assists in the preparation of all the inventory related reports, answers all the routine queries and provides the much needed support for the operations, logistics, accounting, and other teams
- S/he will review all the shipment documents and verifies the details to make sure that they are complete and accurate.
- S/he will review the shipment transactions and ensures that the receipts are posted in a timely manner and is accountable for reconciliation activities so that the inventory records are validated and are actively involved in the resolution of issues.
- S/he will take daily inventory of the assigned supply, requisitions, and to restock supplies.
- S/he will rotate the stock and ensure that the stored area is clean and maintain up to date in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
- S/he will monitor the usage of the stock, create reports related to utilization, and coordinate with the other teams and recommend changes in inventory
- S/he will conduct a keen research and resolve all the inaccuracies in inventory and complete audits of the internal processes and handle all the activities related to data entry.
- S/he will verifies the accuracy of receipts, transfer, etc., by conducting detail audits of the product inventory on a regular basis and constantly monitors the movement of the inventory and identifies if there are any shortages that are seen when compared with the physical inventory data.
- S/he will investigate all the potential causes and suggests corrective measures that need to be implemented and takes care on loss prevention and implements shortage control programs.
- S/he will be accountable for packing and stocking the shelves.
- S/he will manage the shipments, monitoring the damaged products, and record of all incoming materials, schedule meetings and book conference rooms.
- S/he will be responsible for proper management of office supplies, equipment and facilities.
- S/he will collaborate with Hotel management and other vendors in the reservation of accommodation and provision of all required services at meetings and trainings.
- S/he will be responsible for immediate repairs of faulty equipment, furniture and appliances to avert further degeneration and ensure that they reach their expected life span or replaced if required.
- S/he will maintain and support office operations and administration in Abuja and state office in an efficient manner
- S/he will coordinate and collaborate with the project drivers, security and cleaner to ensure that the standards of an enabling working environment is provided and maintained for staff to enable them discharge their duties.
- S/he will support in market surveys, collection of quotes and preparation of Quote Analysis/Justification, purchases, follow-up on vendors for collection of receipts and invoices from vendors on all transactions.
- Perform any other task as may be assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or HND qualification in any Social or Management Science or a relevant field
- Must have a second class upper or credit
- At least 3 – 4 years experience in managing similar responsibilities.
- Experience working on USAID funded or International Donor funded project
- Result-orientation and ability to take initiatives under minimal supervision.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills and should be competency in the use of computers; office management software like MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- We thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.
- WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria.