United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: International Contractor – Harmonisation of Case Management Tools, Development of Capacity and Measurement Tools for Child Protection
Job No: 548940
Contract Type: Consultancy
Categories: Child Protection
Scope of Work
The Contractor recruited to carry out this assignment will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Harmonisation and standardization of data collection and case management forms & tools.
- There are different data collection and case management forms and tools being used by the various organisations and agencies across the country.
- The data collected by the various tools oftentimes reflect the interest of the organisation that developed them as well as the peculiarities of the locality.
- However, it is important that there is some level of uniformity in the data being collected across the board in relation to violence, abuse, and exploitation of vulnerable children.
- This will ensure the uniformity and consistency of data being collected at the community level and transmitted through the ward, Local Government Area, State to National levels using the recently launched CPIMS+ Version 2.
- The Contractor will lead the harmonization and standardization of the data collection and case management tools in consultation with the Case Management Task Force resulting in harmonised tools across the country, including standard operating procedures for case management, information sharing and data protection protocols for case management in Nigeria.
Development of capacity toolkits:
- After the harmonisation of the data collection and case management tools and the standardisation of the process, the Contractor will develop capacity toolkits needed to deliver on the roll-out and deployment of the information management for case management system across the states.
- Since case workers at the various levels have been using different tools in the past, the development of new tools requires capacity building for those who will implement the system.
- The capacity toolkit to be developed by the Contractor will drive the capacity building initiatives.
Development of Measurement / Monitoring Tools:
- The effectiveness or otherwise of a case management system can only be measured if there is in existence a robust measurement system consisting of tools and processes that are followed to determine its effectiveness or otherwise. It will be the responsibility of the selected Contractor to develop the various tools that will be used to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the information management for case management system.
- These measurement tools should be put in place prior to the rollout of the system. The measuring tools shall consist of:
- Methods to analyse the timelines taken to respond to high, medium, and low-risk cases by caseworkers in comparison to the timelines provided for in the SOPs for case management
- Methods to Analyse the timelines taken by case supervisor t review and approve casefiles comparison to the timelines provided in the SOPs for case management
- Methods to analyse the success rates of referrals made to service providers.
Case Management Supervision Tools:
- The Contractor shall prepare case management supervision tools that will help case supervisors and child protection specialists/officers to effectively use CPIMS+ to supervise casework.
- The tools shall consist of:
- Checklist for Caseworkers
- Supervision Checklist of Case Supervisors
- Supervision Checklist for Programme Managers/Child Protection Specialists.
Submission of consultancy report:
- The Contractor will submit a report of inclusive of all deliverables due during the period of engagement.
- The Contractor is expected to adopt the following methodologies in the delivery of this assignment:
- Collation and desk review of existing data collection and case management tools.
- Hold consultations with relevant stakeholders, particularly, the Case Management Task Force and the Technical Working Group on Ending Violence Against Children (TWG on EVAC).
- Consult with relevant Government MDAs at federal and state levels as may be required during the assignment.
- Present the deliverables under the assignment to the Case Management Task Force for validation and to revise the same based on any feedback received.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Master’s Degree in Computer / Social / Behavioural / Pure Sciences (Data Collection and Processing / Research Tools Development / Community Development, Sociology, Anthropology).
- 3 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible work experience in the development and deployment of information management for case management systems at the national level.
- Proven skills in data collection, management, analysis, and dissemination are important.
- Ability to develop a data management system from the scratch working with relevant stakeholders will be an advantage.
- Good understanding and experience in the field of child protection will be a valuable asset.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral forms.
- Leadership and participation in previous assignment and in capacity similar or higher than this assignment.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA)’
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
- Builds and maintains partnerships – (II)
- Thinks and acts strategically – (II)
- Drive to achieve results for impact – (II)
- Works collaboratively with others – (II).
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online