Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job type: Permanent
Department: GMD’s Office
- Reporting to the Team Lead, Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor will execute assurance, and other internal audit engagements testing as part of the annual risk-based internal audit plan.
- The role requires requisite internal audit competencies with knowledge business processes, the International Standard for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and other global standards.
- Perform assurance, consulting engagements, special requests, and management requests
- Prepare work programs for assigned audits and other documentations necessary to undertake the assigned engagement
- Communicate draft findings and recommendations of audit projects through written reports to the Senior Internal Auditor
- Document work done in the form of work papers, collate audit observations, and communicate results in accordance with internal audit manual and methodology
- Provide timely feedback to the Team Lead, Internal Audit on the status of assigned engagements
- Work closely with other audit team members to complete and close-out each audit engagement
- Update and maintain overdue actions database and liaise with process owners on implementation status
- Perform non-standard, ad hoc requests, spot checks including investigations
- Perform administrative responsibilities as may be assigned by internal audit management
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Internal Audit Management
- Use of CAAT tool to deliver efficient audit projects
- Maintain all Interswitch and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and IIA Code of Ethics
- First Degree in any Business-related discipline, eg, Accounting, Finance, Economics etc.
- ACA, CIA, CISA or related professional qualifications is a plus.
- 5 to 7 years internal audit &/or external auditing experience in a reputable organization.
- Prior experience working in Fintech or payment services firm; Big 4 professional service firm; banking or other financial services firm, technology firms etc will be an advantage.
- Application of best practice audit standards and latest audit techniques, and tools
- Experience in data analytics and continuous auditing will be an added advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge of fraud schemes and indicators.
- Application of leading internal audit standards, risk management and control methodologies.
- International Professional Practice Framework IPPF.
- Business Processes.
- Accounting standards.
- Data Analytics skills & Proficiency in use of CAAT.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentation.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online