Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
- Provides strategic financial input to increase revenue and reduce costs while keenly overseeing overall accounting process by developing, implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the Company.
- Also, maintains speed and accuracy of billing and client payment, coordinates tax document payment as required and prepare monthly and annual financial plans.
- Execute financial, operational or compliance audits using a risk-based methodology and review audit working papers.
- Carry out the planning and development of corporate and functional audits including the documentation of the risk assessment and audit work program.
- Finalize the preparation of each Internal Audit Charter, and present to the Boards of Directors for Approvals
- Prepare the risk-based Internal Plan for each of the companies under the Still Earth Group and obtain Board approval
- Prepare and review the Audit work programs for different audit tasks like financial audit, process audit, systems audit, operations audit, etc.
- Prepare various forms of audit reports for submission to the Board of Directors
- Conduct compliance and audit check upon inspection assignments to ensure adherence to the banks laid down management policies and procedures.
- Provide assurance on the adequacy of the existing controls in the business processes through monthly Internal Audit Performance reports to the Board
- Lead a team of internal auditors on the field to review the company’s financial statements and various forms of operational processes (like Oil and Gas Operations, Construction, Procurement, Storage, Maintenance, Trading processes, etc.), and make value-adding recommendations for improvement of the systems
- Provide guidance and training for Internal Auditors on audit approach principles and professional work paper standards to ensure performance objectives are met and assist in the evaluation of Internal Audi-tor performance through project evaluations and feedback during audits.
- Investigate highly weighty allegations and prepare a report of the findings for the Board.
- Continuous audit and monitoring of the inventory balances/movement in various companies
- Reviewing the management of the procurement of items/assets in various subdivisions and ensuring efficient reorder levels and quantity for the consumables.
- Ensure effective maintenance of Internal Control systems in compliance with relevant statutory requirements.
- Review of legal and regulatory environments of an audit to assess compliance with regulatory bodies, tax authorities and other monitoring body’s requirements.
- Perform the audit of Information Technology Operating Procedures and Processing Systems
- Prepare audit documentation in accordance with Global Internal Audit Services Methodology and Quality Assurance standards and execute controls testing in accordance with SOX.
- Build and manage relationships with external auditors and business stakeholders.
QMS, EMS & QH & SMS Responsibilities:
- Implement the QMS as defined by the manual and related procedures.
- Obtain and communicate customer requirements to the appropriate personnel or functional organization.
- Ensure that qualified personnel and other resources are available to implement the QMS.
- Ensure that services satisfy customer requirements including quality, safety, cost, schedule, and performance; and
- Ensure that personnel comply with applicable laws, regulations, specifications, standards, and documented procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related
- An Honors degree in Commerce (Accounting), BBA (Accounting),
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or other business-related field
- Full professional qualification in ACCA, or CPA, or CIA or related field
- Eight (8) years’ experience in an auditing role with at least 4 years managing and leading a functional team at senior level in public sector.
- Knowledge and experience with International Accounting and Auditing Standards.
- Excellent attention to detail to review large amounts of data and numbers
- Exceptional mathematical skills to verify entries
- Good critical-thinking skills to gather all the available data and make informed decisions
- Excellent research skills to find all related information needed
- Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets
- Strong communication skills to work with every level of employees including the Board.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Master’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related fields
- Experience: Minimum Experience 8 Year
- Other experience: Eight (8) years’ experience in an auditing role with at least 4 years managing and leading a functional team at senior level in public sector.
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager).
Application Closing Date
3rd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online