Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern Pharmacist
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities
- This role is responsible for attending to clients and patients professionally in compliance with standard operating procedures and policies.
- Drug dispensing activities
- Provide drug information and advice to other healthcare professionals within the hospital.
- Provide professional service, information, counselling and advice to patients on medicines supplied.
- Stock Management.
- Report dispensing errors and adverse drug reactions.
- Accurate endorsement of prescriptions for billing purposes and appropriate provision of drugs to various categories of patients.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in the pharmacy.
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies/adherence to quality standards.
- Review of each prescription or order to ensure the appropriateness of the medication for the patient and his or her clinical needs.
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals:
- Prompt reporting of dispensing errors and adverse drug reactions.
- Adequate professional record keeping
- Confidentiality and Prompt response to patients’ needs
- Compliance with SOPS / adherence to quality standards.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 1 – 3 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online