SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instrument Deputy Supervisor
Location: Offshore – ERHA FPSO
Contract type: International Contract
Contractual hours: Full time
- He is responsible for maintenance operations within his field of competence.
- He ensures that maintenance operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with the COMPANY’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice, thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations, within his field, carried out on site by the CONTRACTOR.
- He guarantees a good level of availability of the equipment he is responsible for on production sites.
- He plays a predominant role with SUPERVISOR in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training by mentoring on site.
- Support supervisor on the field & ability to Act as supervisor.
- Organises on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
- Assists the planning team by giving any technical support for the preparation of the jobs in his discipline.
- With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that the COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Manages interventions using the CMMS and checks intervention reports in the CMMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors the functioning of utilities and equipment placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams, and actively participates in this himself,
- Carries out, at the Supervisor request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status.
- Leadership competency and Ownership is a must.
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations,
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- Specific professional knowledge: SAP/R3 experience and know-how
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Working language: English.
- He must have proven ability as a leader of small teams. Act as Supervisor when needed.
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organisational ability.
- Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust he has in his teams, is essential.
What can we offer you:
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more
- Security Background Check
- Malaria Awareness
- Temporary Work Permit
- English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online