Lagos Business School (LBS) is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world-class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Location: Sangotedo Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Instructional Designer supports faculty in course development / design processes, evaluates course design and instructional practices, and coordinates and develops instructional materials in any modality, including face-to-face, in order to enhance the pedagogy of any class.
- The Instructional Designer – investigates educational technologies and works in collaboration with faculty to design, develop, effectively utilize, and evaluate the instructional environment and learning materials in order to meet the teaching and learning goals of faculty.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or a related discipline is required; a Master’s degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a related discipline is preferred.
- At least 3 years of instructional design or related experience is required. Master’s degree as described above at least two years of experience will be an added advantage
- Experience working with a Course Management System and other instructional technology is required.
- Experience with online teaching and face-to-face instruction in a college environment is required.
- Experience working with both Macintosh and Windows platforms is preferred.
- Graphic Design experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to work effectively with staff and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Expertise and competencies in instructional design, the practice of educational development, and adult learning theory are required. Knowledge of best practices in instructional technologies, online, blended, and face-to-face pedagogy is required.
- Skill in designing and delivering training programs that focus on instructional technology and practices used in the improvement of instructional effectiveness is required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of web design principles and experience creating web pages is preferred.
- The scope of the position occasionally requires attendance and participation at evening and weekend activities and workshops.
- Occasional travel to workshops, seminars, and professional development, and University events is required.
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online