iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: INGO Forum Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Status: National Employee
- With challenges around the duplication of efforts and recognizing the urgent need for effective coordination in the delivery of aid in north-east Nigeria, Nigeria INGO Forum (NIF) was born in October 2014.
- f humanitarian and development INGOs and between INGOs and external stakeholders including Government of Nigeria, Nigerian civil society, UN agencies, diplomatic actors, and donors.
- iMMAP program in Nigeria started late 2016 and was designed to support the response to the ongoing crisis in the Northeast of the country, by strengthening the information management (IM) capacity of the responders within the different humanitarian sectors.
- The target beneficiaries of this program are the humanitarian partners (who are all sectors members) and the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs [UNOCHA] in its mandated inter-cluster coordination role. As of October 2020, the Nigeria INGO Forum is now hosted by iMMAP.
Description of Duties
- Plan and organize all required meetings and events with internal departments as well as external contacts to communicate accurate and up-to-date information as and when required.
- Manage the logistics of meetings, take minutes of meetings, and disseminate in a timely manner.
- Provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to project teams who may not work from one office.
- Maintain an up-to-date INGO Forum Calendar of key dates and events, contact lists, correspondents, and other documents on NIF online collaboration platform and other filing platforms.
- Responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for NIF guests and staff by liaising with iMMAP’s security and operations team.
- Support the project team to ensure registration and documentation of partners.
- Ensure compliance with iMMAP’s security procedures and policies as determined by Country leadership.
- Work with the communications team to ensure regular updates of NIF Contact Lists and follow up with the working group platforms.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery, consumables and cartridges/tonner and be responsible for re-stocking when office supplies and NIF communication products are running low.
- Responsible for all logistical aspects of NIF events and workshops, including raising the PR, liaising with relevant focal persons and the event venue, tracking number of participants, participant sign up, support agenda development and any other responsibilities assigned.
- Facilitate the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the NIF office and program support operations; Ensuring the printer, scanners, mail services, telephones etc are running within the office and any calls for repairs or maintenance needed are properly reported.
- BSc or equivalent in Business, Accounting, Finance & Administration, Management, or other relevant field.
- With at least two (2) years or work experience in Administration field.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Ability to work independently while under pressure and during long hours.
- Excellent work habits with a willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, including proven ability in administration, financial and logistics.
- Excellent communication skills, including drafting documents; good command of English
- Excellent computer skills in the Windows and Microsoft Office especially MS Excel and MS Access.
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.