YIAGA Africa Initiative focuses on in-depth research, providing critical analysis on key democratic and governance issues, crafting practical solutions, training and empowering citizens to lead change in their community. YIAGA AFRICA implements several innovative programs aimed at stimulating active citizenship, protecting human rights and deepening democratic governance. We invest in building networks and social movements to drive social change and transformation. YIAGA AFRICA has leadership structures and members in all 36 states and 774 Local Government Areas (LGA) of Nigeria. YIAGA AFRICA is registered in Nigeria as an independent nonprofit organization.
We are recruiting tofil the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Senior Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Be the custodian of the organization’s IT policy and see to its full implementation.
- Manage and coordinate all IT-related issues, including internet data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, and computer hardware and software.
- Developing front end website architecture
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Creating servers and databases for functionality
- Trouble-shoot and solve problems related to hardware, software, and network.
- Monitor network utilization and implement procedures for network optimization, reliability, and availability.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Maintains the organization’ effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
IT Senior Requirements
- Microsoft Systems Administration / System Engineer certification will be an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience as an IT senior officer or relevant experience in a similar field and/or position.
- Proven experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, Django, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Maintains the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Contribute to the overall operations and delivery of the organization as a critical Management staff.
- Coordinate and supervise the IT department.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed resume as attached PDF documents to: email@example.com using the ‘Job Title’ and ‘Applicant Name’ as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent in the required format will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Yiaga Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on disability, sex, tribe, religion, etc. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.