United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Job ID: 544417
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Statistics and Monitoring
Duration: 364 days
Slots: 4 Openings
- To ensure a well-run programme not only requires strong coordination capacity but relies on strong and reliable information management capacity and this is a formal accountability of the sector lead agency. Strong information management carried out in support of coordination and operation processes will support development programming and relevant humanitarian actors to work with the same or complementary information and baseline data when making decisions. Properly collected and managed data for development and emergencies can furthermore support in early recovery, recovery and disaster preparedness activities.
- Information Management (IM) is therefore both a time critical intervention to support timely evidence-based decision making in the specific programme section/sector.
How Can You Make a Difference?
- The Information Management Officer will be responsible for implementing the Information Management Strategy for the assigned UNICEF programme in North-East Nigeria.
- The role of the Information Management Officer will be to ensure the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring relies on a strong and reliable information management capacity.
- He/She will manage the collection, analysis and sharing of information/data that is important for the Programme Partners to make informed (evidence based) strategic decisions.
- The information Management Officer will provide support to the overlapping information management needs of both the UNICEF programmes and nutrition sector coordination functions.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A University Degree (Bachelor’s) in Information Systems / Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Management, Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Formal training in Sector Information Management is an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years of similar work experience in Information Management preferably with NNGOs/INGOs and/or the UN is required.
- Experience in major emergency response relevant to the sector is highly desirable.
- Experience in development of programme information management systems strengthening is highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of the local language (Hausa/Kanuri) at the duty station are required.
For every Child, you Demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
- The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships (II)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (II)
- Innovates and embraces change (II)
- Drive to achieve results for impact (II)
- Manges ambiguity and complexity (II)
- Thinks and acts strategically (II)
- Works collaboratively with others (II).
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates meeting the education and experience requirements of the post should apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.