iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type: Full Time
Status: National Employee
- Over the last 13 years, insecurity in northeast Nigeria has led to the loss of more than 20,000 lives and the displacement of over two million people.
The humanitarian needs of people in the region have increased significantly in 2021.
The number of people in need of humanitarian assistance increased from 7.9 million people in 2020 to 8.7 million people at the beginning of 2021.
However, the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic is exacerbating these needs, giving rise to an estimated 10.6 million people now in need of urgent humanitarian assistance, including specific actions within the COVID-19 response.
With support from the USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance, iMMAP continues to support the humanitarian sectors responding to the crisis in northeast Nigeria, by seconding and deploying standby personnel to the Sector Lead Agencies since November 2016.
The support includes building the information management capacity of the partners through training. Since March 2021, with the collaboration of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA), iMMAP started the Humanitarian Information and Analysis Unit (HIAU) to support the collective initiatives and intersectoral information management demands and requests.
- The IMO is tasked to improve the accuracy of the data held by iMMAP and to improve and effectiveness the distribution of materials.
- The IMO will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP programme in its work with national partners, international partners, and applicable donor agencies.
- The IMO will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
Manage the requests from partners coming to the HIAU
Provide the technical requested support to partners. Technical activities may include:
- Map assistance coverage in specified area, analyze and report the potential gaps.
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination.
- Create and/or adapt appropriate IM tools. As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector.
- Develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics;
- Facilitate mobile data collection, form development and data management;
- Generate statistical reports, graphs, maps ;
- Manage, analyse, document data and information from other partners;
- Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance;
- Support the implementation of remote data collection exercises in support to the humanitarian community;
- Maintain data bases, provide data entry if required;
- Prepare relevant data analysis;
- Design and implement analysis methodology;
- Proactively analyze information from sector partners, government authorities, academia and other actors;
- Provide high quality research and analysis following an evidence-based approach and ensure thorough documentation of the methodology;
- Contribute to production of regular written reports and dashboards;
- Support new and ongoing needs assessments;
- Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marketing or branding of all iMMAP products and correspondence;
- Any other tasks related to information management that may be requested.
- Ensure close collaboration with OCHA team and other intersectoral partners, working groups and sectors’ teams;
- Conduct any other activities as requested by the Senior IM Technical Advisor and the Country Representative.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or higher) in Information Science, Geographical Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in the field of Information Management is essential;
- Experience in data processing and analysis, creation of reports;
- Experience in the use of software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Adobe suites, PowerBI, Tableau;
- Experience in data collection process using XLSForm, Kobocollect, ODK or any other similar platform;
- Excellent command of Office suite applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint);
- Very good experience and skills in mapping;
- Solid demonstrated experience in database management development and administration;
- Fluency in English is required.
- Relevant experience in working with a UN agency or another humanitarian agency is desirable;
- A strong client service orientation;
- Experience in the area of emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, humanitarian/development environment, field coordination is an asset;
- Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills;
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, NGOs working with community projects and agencies involved in humanitarian or development activities;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.