Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Assistant
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Information Management assistant is to support the implementation of the Project in the context of north-eastern Nigeria.
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate information on project implementation and ensure that monitoring and evaluation are in line with specific project FAD/donor requirements.
- The role’s support is to achieve accountability, transparency and program quality in project locations.
- The post holder is to ensure that project activities are in line with the Logical Framework and relevant guidelines.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates with the M&E officer and across Plan International, and field-level implementing partners.
- The post holder will support the establishment of a systematic Information Management system.
- The post holder will interface and support program team members and program coordinator.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to analyze and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
In collaboration with the M&E Officer and other relevant staff, the information management assistant will:
- Provide support in ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Support the documentation of the outcomes of trainings, workshops, meetings and events.
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field-based team, sector Specialists and the M&E coordinator, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Support efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Support to ensure that relevant data are entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data
- Support field level partners staff, community-based project management committee (CBPMC) and enumerators in designing, developing and deploying tools for community-based selection criteria for the selection of beneficiaries.
- Support the production information and knowledge management products for the project
- Perform any other support functions as directed
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Excellent command of computer skills and MS Office.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in information management role.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages
- Excellent English language writing and speaking skills, ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage
- Ability to identify diverse, relevant external actors to work with and understand the purpose and implications of working with them
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to organize ideas in a logical and structured manner.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online