INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers-Abuja: Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers-Abuja. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Applications are invited for:
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) hereby invites registered Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs) and other interested stakeholders whose work is on democracy, governance and election and who wish to observe the FCT Area Council Elections scheduled to hold on 12th February, 2022. This is without prejudice to any previous correspondence with the Commission.
- In view of the above, interested observer groups should complete the application form (EC14A(I) and submit same online along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation).
- Observer groups should particularly note that all other information including Legal status, evidence of registration with the Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja among others are to accompany the online application.
- Any falsification of documents in the submission will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution.
- The list of successful observer groups approved for accreditation will subsequently be published in National Newspapers and on the Commission’s website.
Accreditation Of Successful Observer Groups
- Each successful group would then be required to complete and submit online the Deployment of observer’s form (EC 14A (II)).
- Successful Observer groups should also note that passport photographs (in JPEG format) of their members to be deployed to the field shall be arranged on Area Council basis and shall be submitted along with the deployment form (EC 14A (II)). This is to enable the Commission produce identification / accreditation tags for individual field observer.
- All successful observer groups will be required to sign the Commission’s indemnity form before receiving their accreditation letters.
Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- Observer groups should note that the core principle of election observation as contained in relevant UN, AU, and ECOWAS treaties and protocols, as well as INEC guidelines on Election observation (2008), which includes impartiality, objective and non-partisanship should guide conduct of observers during the election and any observer groups found compromise those principles be banned from future participation in election observation.
- In accordance with the prevailing circumstance in the country, accredited observer groups are expected to comply with all the regulations and protocols on Covid-19 as issued by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Presidential Task Force on, including INEC guidelines on Covid-19 including provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face masks, hand gloves, and hand sanitizers, as well as maintain Social distancing by all their members that will operate in the field on Election Day.
- Details of Covid-19 Protocols as it relates to election are available at (www.inecnigeria.org).
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 16th December, 2021.
Method of Application For INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers-Abuja
Interested and qualified Candidates / Group (Observer) should:
Click Here to Complete Application
Electronic Application Guideline
Before completing this electronic form (EC 14A(I)), kindly note the following;
- That this platform is only for observer groups/ Organisations and NOT individual observers.
- That you are to obtain and read a copy of the advert before proceeding with completion of the form (www.inecnigeria.org)
- That this is an online application platform and it is different from the manual method in previous elections
- That copies of relevant attachments (CAC registration, INEC CSO, past accreditation letters, reports etc.) should be ready in PDF for upload along with the form.