SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Title: Industry Value Advisor – West Africa
Requisition ID: 299564
Location: Lagos, NG, 101001
Employment Type: Regular – Full Time
Work Area: Sales
Career Status: Professional
Expected Travel: 0 – 30%
- Our mission is to work with our sales and solution colleagues to help shape a Vision-to-Value proposition to help our customers envision their future and create an action plan for technology enabled transformation.
- Across our teams, we take responsibility for all elements of customer lifetime value, to deliver on outcomes, and build lasting relationships with our customers.
IVA delivers four main services:
- Industry Demand Generation: raise the awareness of SAP’s industry capabilities, create sales plays, and partner with sales and solution colleagues to develop SAP’s strategic accounts.
- Vision-to-Value: engage collaboratively with selected customers and with our knowledge of the industry, discover business goals and challenges and shape an inspiring customer vision that can be enabled by an SAP-supported roadmap to deliver tangible business outcomes
- Executive Value Proposals: co-create a coherent story of how the customer’s goals are best supported by SAP’s unique value proposition to support investment decision in SAP’s solutions.
- Value Realisation Validation: for selected customers; assess and document the business (KPI) improvement, the critical success factors, and value enabled by the SAP-based transformation.
We are looking for an Industry Value Advisory to join our West Africa team working across Industry with the following main areas of responsibility:
Making Industry Markets and Generating Demand
Market analysis, strategy and industry thought leadership:
- Analyse the industry’s potential and help craft a go-to-market approach to build high-quality pipeline.
- Develop SAP’s industry brand through thought leadership on social and traditional media, content creation, and presenting at industry events.
- Build and maintain a customer network.
Strategic Account Business Development:
- Partner with field sales teams to identify revenue opportunities and lead account strategies.
- Align with customer C-level executives to uncover business challenges that can be solved by SAP.
- Ensure important customer goals and KPIs remain in focus in sales engagements.
Executing Vision-to-Value Engagements with Priority Customers
- Position and lead SAP’s engagements to build the case-for-change enabled by SAP solutions.
- Lead design thinking workshops to explore new business models and develop future vision.
- Use techniques such as interviews and process benchmarking to discover value opportunities.
- Work with solution colleagues to ensure our solution capabilities are connected to value drivers.
- Identify, calculate, and validate the value potential and ROI of SAP-enabled transformation.
Co-creating Executive Value Proposals
- Work with the account team to ensure compelling industry and value messages are conveyed in deliverables such as RFP Responses, Value Propositions, Points-of-View, Product Demos etc.
- Assist customer executives to build and deliver board-level justification documents (case for change) for approval of multi-million transformation projects enabled by our software.
Validating Value Realisation
- Monitor the progress selected customers are making in their SAP-enabled transformations.
- Through customer interviews and assessments, document the value realised for reference purposes.
Education And Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent from accredited university preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent report (PPT, Word) authoring skills using the pyramid principle and with attention to detail.
- Strong group management and facilitation skills; design thinking or similar methods a strong plus.
10+ years in roles such as
- Strategy, business, or technology consulting.
- Business development or value advisory for software or cloud services.
- Strategy setting, transformation or P&L leadership in Consumer Industries (Retail, Consumer Products, Life Sciences) related areas.
Job Specific Competencies and Skills
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic and curious individual who has:
A pro-active, flexible and can-do attitude:
- Willing to take either a leading or supporting role, depending on context and team composition.
- Builds trust with colleagues and customers by delivering high quality results rapidly and reliably.
- Bridges knowledge gaps by actively networking and seeking out information.
An Aptitude for industry-based, consultative selling:
- Combines an understanding of industry dynamics, customer strategy and business models to identify and articulate value opportunities.
- Masters techniques such as workshop facilitation, issue analysis, benchmarking and cost-benefit/ROI analysis to develop clear, well supported recommendations in written documents.
- Delivers crisp presentations to small and large audiences and deals efficiently with objections.
Executive and Sales Awareness:
- Able to shape interventions and communications appropriately with an awareness of the dynamics and incentives of our sales executives and customers.
- Actively position our services by pro-actively identifying situations where IVA can add value, both internally with account teams and externally with customers.
- Capable of shaping and motivating a course of action in ambiguous situations, or where our services may be unsolicited.
- The requirements of the role are similar in many ways to Management Consulting, however with significantly less travel and more multi-tasking on multiple customer engagements in different stages.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, results oriented work environment and be able to develop new expertise in different industries, lines-of-business, and solution areas as required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
- Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.