United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Industry Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
- As industry specialists, the primary purpose of the role is to greenlight credits in their Industry, applying their professional knowledge in the credit assessment prior to any approval.
- The role holder will also be expected to become Certified Senior Credit Officers following intensive Senior Credit Officer training programme which will place them in positions to grant approvals
The Industry Specialists will be responsible for the following:
- Develop industry studies which will include an identification of target market/RAAC for their specific industries. This will highlight key risk issues and appropriate mitigants to guide marketing efforts.
- Assess credits in their specific area and identify any structural weaknesses which must be mitigated before giving approval to proceed.
- Lead in project finance in the area of expertise to ensure all areas of ambiguity or uncertainty are addressed and adequately mitigated through structuring and other conditions.
- Train and mentor other staff to build a reservoir of expertise for the group.
Successful candidates must have:
- Minimum educational qualification: Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in their Industry either as a staff of one of the major industry leaders (preferably top 3) or as a Management Consultant (in one of top 5 international consulting firms) or as a Relationship Manager / Analyst in a reputable bank (one of top 10% banks in the banking sector as determined by a reputable industry rating agency)
- Must have been at top management level for at least 5 years(AGM in banking sector or equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the complexities of the industry with verifiable and quantitative evidence e.g. participated in the execution of at least 5 major projects in the Industry etc.
- Membership of professional institution in industry.
- Professional qualification and experience across Africa/International is preferred.
The Specialists will be from the following industries:
- Oil & Gas
- Other Infrastructure projects
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
- Knowledge of Credit Risk Management and Credit Assessment.
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online