The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) is the government agency that has been charged with the responsibility of migration management in Nigeria. Over the years, the NIS has witnessed series of changes since it was extracted from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) in 1958. The Immigration Department, as it was known then, was entrusted with the core immigration duties under the headship of the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO) and the first to sit on that chair was in the person of Mr. EH Harrison. The department in its emergent stages inherited the Immigration Ordinance of 1958 for its operation. At inception, the department had a narrow operational scope and maintained a low profile and simple approach in attaining the desired goals and objectives of government. During this period, only the Visa and Business Sections were set up.
However, on August 1st, 1963, Immigration Department came of age when it was formally established by an Act of Parliament, Cap I71, Laws of the Federation Nigeria. The head of the department became known as the Director of Immigration. Thus, the first set of Immigration officers were former NPF Officers. It became a department under the control and supervision of the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs (FMIA) as a Civil Service outfit.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for full time appointment for the position below:
Job Title: Immigration Assistant III (1A-3) – CONPASS 03 General Duty
- Applicants must possess SSCE / NECO or GCE with credits in not less than 3 subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting and passes in at least two other subjects Or GCE Ordinary level with passes in four subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting or five or more subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18- 25years
- Not be less than 1.7 metres in height, for male and 1.64 metres for female.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have found guilty of any criminal offense
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable.
Applicants are to take note of the following information:
- There will be no Pre-Selection Computer Based Test to be conducted on candidates.
- No special centre for recruitment.
- There will be no CBAT Exercise.
- All screening of potential recruits will be done at the candidates respective state of origin.
- Any candidate who failed or forged his or her results and discovered even during training at the Nigeria Immigration Service training camp would be withdrawn & hand over to the nigerian police for prosecution.
- Candidates are advised in their interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them in the recruitment exercise.
- Shortlisted candidates will be published on this portal & be scheduled for screening.
- Shortlisted candidates are to report to their respective states of origin for the screening exercise.
- Successful candidates would be transported(FG’s provission sorted by state) to the Nigeria Immigration Service training school for documentations and to commence training activities for a six month(6) camp-life(See your mailbox for details).
- On completion of training, all successful recruits to be commissioned into the service & get prepared for induction into the North East Theatre of operations(12 Weeks intensive training on frieght Management & Human Trafficking included).
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Important Notice For Applicants
- This is to notify the public that The Nigeria Immigration Service does not have any agent for the online application. Therefore, you are to Make the payment of N1,000 Application fee on this website (www.niscareer.org.ng) and you will get a confirmation of approval for your application if successful. Kindly report such act through the phone numbers on our website or email.
- The Nigeria Immigration reserves the right to prosecute any individual or group found to have fraudulently gained access to this site or information contained in it. Applicants are therefore advised to pay directly through this portal.