Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Coordinator
Requisition ID: 10830
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Internal Job Grade: C2
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Job Family: Business Support Unit
Reporting to: Business Support Manager
Staff reporting to this post: IT Assistant
- The ICT Coordinator is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and implementing Oxfam’s ICT Strategy, systems, plans and policies.
- The job holder will ensure that technology enables and enhances the organization’s strategic objectives and facilitates all users achieving their operational priorities.
- The job holder will facilitate business process reengineering initiatives ensuring appropriate integration with appropriate user departments / units.
- This will include supporting and developing systems and staff, and maintaining and developing all internal, hosted and virtualized IT infrastructures alongside the organization’s outsourced IT support partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Management of IT infrastructure:
- Perform analysis of network needs and contribute to the design of network architecture, integration and installation
- Manage and maintain network hardware and software, including servers, voice, PDAs, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring
- Evaluate network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and make recommendations
- Conducts checks on all IT systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures
- Coordinate preventive and corrective maintenance on Oxfam’s networks and hardware
- Establish and control IT systems’ access and security
- Ensure quality customer service and maintain network stability; collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and install/test software upgrades
- Manage computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services
- Develop or establish strong relationships with service providers office in coordination with Logistics & Procurement team.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts (physical and fiber optic).
- Develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to LAN and WAN.
- Manage performance of direct report(s) and ensure relevant training and development interventions are implemented to sustain performance
- Work with the programme team in design of flagship program by inputting onto the section of ICT4D design and framework guidelines on the use of ICT in programme work (i.e. ICT4D). Also coordinate the use of the MIS portal for program information management.
- Ensure optimal performance of VSAT equipment and Microwave assembly with active monitoring of active link to achieve throughput and QoS.
- Ensure efficiency in delivery of Wireless networks (Wifi, Point to Point wireless connections), eliminate / minimize downtime / disruptions to service delivery.
- Manage Mobile technologies i.e. 4G/3G, mobile data collection for roaming staff and support delivery of LMMS which are in line with Oxfam IT standard tool sets
- Manage Box (Cloud File storage systems) and maintenance of Folder sync structure.
- Ensure delivery of critical Microsoft Windows (Client) operating system patch and updates.
- Responsible for the identification, prioritization, and resolution of IT end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of help desk functions and staff, across the Oxfam (Country office and all field locations).
- Establish help desk service level agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes and ensure the unit adheres to set policies .
- Track, analyze and identify trends in IT help desk requests and devise preventative solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Identify and resolve any gaps within defined IT help desk processes and continuously refine and improve the Service Desk to ensure quality service delivery.
- Effectively communicate to internal stakeholders and IT Management when severe incidents occur.
- Conduct needs assessments for system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations to management for approval.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Responsible for all activities related to the design, development and implementation of enterprise information systems and software applications for Oxfam country office and all field locations.
- Coordinate the configuration, maintenance, and support of Oxfam’s information system and other enterprise software applications.
- Analyze business requirements to identify and implement software applications that improve Oxfam’s business processes.
- Develop, test and implement new systems and train users in the operations of office productivity applications.
- Implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology needs of Oxfam in the event of major incidents or disasters.
- Manage application projects and system dependencies at planning, implementation and support stages across Oxfam.
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Information Technology systems across the Group.
- Advise management on implementation of cost-effective technologies like Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and Video Conference in line with corporate strategy
- Ensure proper working of Sat phones or VHF communications systems where needed in coordination with Safety advisor and Supply and Logistics team .
- Review report for management on use of telephones and other communication equipment .
IT Supplier Management:
- Manage IT Service level agreements / contracts plus input on technical issues
- Review purchase of office equipment in consultation with the logistics team
- Review phone/data bills are received, and payment processed on time
Support to Field Office Programme:
- Lead remote support to the field offices to ensure that systems are running efficiently to agreed expected standards.
- Lead visits to check on systems performance (VSAT, backups, antivirus, network etc).
Capacity Building and Self Development:
- Support the development and implementation of a detailed plan for building the capacity of staff, specifically relating to ICT policy & procedures.
- Undertake personal training, coaching and capacity building to develop own expertise and the ICT officer as required.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and SharePoint is required.
- Certification in Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- ITIL Service Delivery.
- 4 – 5 years experience installing and supporting all the following: Windows OS, Mac OS, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, PC deployment, Antivirus management, Remote User Networking, VPN, TCP/IP troubleshooting
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in troubleshooting, database design and information management
- Significant knowledge and experience in basic hardware (how hardware works), operating systems (like Windows Server 2012 and Active directories and Window 7) training and training on other applications.
- Knowledge on project management, business continuity plan.
- Knowledge of Vsat assembly and Radio Frequency technology.
- Knowledge of the use of Routers and Switches, with administration and configuration abilities
- Ability to solve some of the hardware problems on their own and provide good support on applications to the users (job specific).
- Knowledge of network architecture, design, management, switching and routing including server, LAN/ WAN management and security management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol
- Working knowledge of Windows.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team
- Application development
- SQL, Database Administration
- IT Security knowledge.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and able to organise work effectively
- Proactive and shows initiative and tenacity (achieving results).
- Ability to show logic and thinking through options before deciding on a course of action (thinking and understanding).
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues.
- A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, stamina and flexibility
- Ability to work with discretion regarding confidential information
- Possession of sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Willingness to work in other Oxfam field offices.
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms, procedures, and administrative guidelines.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
- Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
- Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization, and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
- Self-Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
- Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online