Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Payroll Specialist
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Category: HR Department
Level: Mid Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Human Resources Officer who will be responsible to manage the payroll and administrative follow-up of national staff.
- Updating the payroll database regularly throughout the month, ensuring that all additions, deletions, and changes are recorded completely and accurately and that supporting documentation is filed;
- Acting as the primary contact person for the National Housing Fund(NHF), ensuring that the necessary administrative follow up is done and support bases in this process;
- Acting as the liaison between national staff in Abuja and the health insurance provider to resolve any issues in accessing coverage and ensure proper tracking of all issues is maintained;
- Ensuring that all active employees of the month are listed on the online timesheet Platform;
- Updating the national staff data and user list as required on the online timesheet platform;
- Ensuring that administrative processes for employee separations are followed properly, and that necessary documentation and information is recorded for the processing of end of contracts;
- Updating the HR shared folder with all available templates, policies, and forms;
- Ensuring that an electronic and hard copy filing system is maintained for HR documents;
- Acting as the focal person for collecting exit documents and preparing the quarterly and annual Exit Analysis and Turnover reports;
- Facilitating staff trainings on HR policy and procedure, as assigned;
- Extracting and tracking relevant training information from performance appraisals and submit to the Capital HR Manager to be followed in the Mission’s Training Plan;
- Tracking the performance appraisal due dates for all staff and follow up with managers and Heads of Department to ensure they are received in a timely manner.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management; Master’s Degree a plus;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions;
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information;
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs;
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
Starting Gross Basic Salary
- NGN281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.