Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, international organization. The organization is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. We provide assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource & Learning and Development Assistant
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute administrative tasks according to the HR/Administration manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over resources.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the HR/ Administration Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up to date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Completing the project training spread sheet and assisting line managers with the application of learning for any development activities.
- Carrying out other responsibilities as assigned by the HR Manager and L&D Implementer.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Organize and assist in the delivering of trainings to external participants from the Ministry of health and teaching hospital.
- Supervise cooks and cleaners in house/office to ensure proper hygiene and adequate/timely meals.
- Prepare all payments when due including payments to incentive/subcontracted/daily workers etc.
- Managing HR/Admin stock to ensure adequate supply and availability
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Human Resource, administration or related Degree
- Previous working experience of at least 2 years in relevant jobs is essential International NGO experience will be desirable
- English Language
- Igbo language is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Cover Letter, Resume, Copies of relevant certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters) to: Msfocb-Ebonyifirstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Submit Hard copy at:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33, Libration Estate (After the Enugu / Abakaliki Express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status.
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.