Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021/2022 is open for applications. Apply now to the available Nigeria Custom Service (NCS) Recruitment positions.
Dear Readers note that the 2021 recruitment form for the Nigerian customs is free. If you are interested in the job, visit this recruitment portal www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng
The registration portal is currently closed for new applications, once it is open, we will inform you. However, it will be pertinent to note that the Nigerian Customs Service recruitment applicants normally undergo screening once the first stage of the recruitment has been conclude.
Nigeria Customs Service 2021 Recruitment Requirement
Below are the paramount requirements all applicants must meet to apply for the Nigerian Customs Service:
- You must be a Citizen of Nigeria by descent or by birth
- Male applicants should not be less than 1.7 metres in height, while 1.64 metres is for females.
- All male applicants should have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres.
- Applicants must be certified by a Government Medical personnel to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
- Applicants suffering any form of physical or mental disability will not be taken
- You must be financially stable
- Must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense and be of good character
- certificate of state of origin endorse by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments should be presented. Certificates sign by Liaison officers are unacceptable
The applicants should proceed and fill the form on the portal if they have met these criteria. See the procedures in the next section
How To Apply For 2021 Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
Visit the portal below, follow the instructions there to submit your application accordingly. www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng
Note that the NCS recruitment is completely free, you are by this notice not to pay anyone who pretends he can get you a job in Nigerian Custom Service.
Is Nigeria Customs Recruitment Form 2021 out
If you have waiting to apply for Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021/2022, here is the latest news about Nigeria customs job application form 2021.
The application portal for the recruitment at Nigeria customs service is now out. You can now read how to apply for Nigeria customs recruitment exercise here.
There are several job positions that suit your educational qualification. If you are a Master’s Degree holders, BSc holders or FSLC and SSCE holders, You are advised to calm down and read this guide very well if you would like to make it In the ongoing customs recruitment in Nigeria.
For the benefit of those who are not well versed with the function of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), I am going to give a brief overview before I will talk on the application process.
About Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021
Nigeria Custom Service was established in 1891 and charged with the responsibility of revenue collection, accounting for same and anti-smuggling activities. Today trade facilitation has become a fundamental role, progressively seen by government as an important element of economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
Consequently, one of the challenges to Nigeria Customs Service is the proactive management of the seeming contradictory role of ensuring improvements in speedy delivery of services, while maintaining systematic and effective intervention controls, necessary to meet the demands of complex and growing international trade, characterized in recent times by economic crime, money laundering, menace of terrorism, threatening weapons of mass destruction, violation of intellectual property rights, and dumping of toxic and hazardous substances.
Nigeria Customs Services Recruitment Portal 2021
Warning! hotgist.com.ng is not the official recruitment portal of Nigeria customs job application 2021. We published Nigeria Customs Recruitment updates to help those seeking to apply know their way about. The guide here is totally free, we do not charge for anything.
We will never ask any of our readers to pay us to get recruited. We are not in any affiliation with the recruitment agency. Should anyone contact you in our name, do so to report the person to use and necessary actions will be taken.
NCS online application form is completely free. Do not pay anyone for the Nigeria Customs Service online application form.
All publications here are for educational purposes and free.
Available Positions for NCS Recruitment 2021-2022
There are 3 different categories in the NCS recruitment 2021. You will have to choose one below and apply.
CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre
CATEGORY B: Inspectorate Cadre
CATEGORY C: Assistant Cadre
You can check the full application requirements for each category below.
1) Graduate Assistant Superintendent of Customs (ASC II)
2) Assistant Inspector (Support Staff)
3) Assistant Inspector (General Duty)
4) Customs Assistant (Support Staff) – CONSOL 04
5) Customs Assistant (General Duty) – CONSOL 04
6) Customs Assistant (General Duty) – CONSOL 03
7) Customs Assistant (Support Staff) – CONSOL 03
Below is a full application guide that will highlight the Nigerian customs recruitment form 2021 requirement, official Recruitment Portal, guidelines and the latest news on the NCS ongoing recruitment.
One thing that makes people fail recruitment is their inability to follow due process and obeying the requirements.
After the deadline for online submission of forms, all applicants’ application will be reviewed. Anyone that does not conform to the standard of the requirements will get disqualified automatically.
Then those that got shortlisted will now move ahead for physical screening/document verification.
Other Specific Requirements
- Senior ranking officers comprising of Assistant Superintendent of Customs.
- Applicants that are between the ages of 18-30 years
- Applicants who possess a Bachelor’s Degree or an HND equivalent in any of the following field of study and NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate.
- Mid-Level officers comprising of Assistant Inspectors of Customs.
- Applicants who possess ND/NCE obtained from accredited Polytechnics in any of the listed fields of study in the cadre and NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificate
- Applicants that are aged 18 – 25years
- Junior ranking officers comprising of Customs Assistant.
- Applicants who possess SSCE/NECO or GCE with credits in not less than 3 subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting and passes in at least two other subjects. OR GCE Ordinary Level with passes in four subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting or five or more subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings for Customs Assistant Grade-II – CONSOL 04.
- Applicants must possess evidence of full course in Government approved first school leaving certificate or S.75 or JSSC OR relevant Trade Test certificate for Customs Assistant – CONSOL 03.
Requirements for Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021 – General
To be able to access NCS portal and apply for the online recruitment, you must follow the standard mentioned below.
- Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years
- Not be less than 1.7 meters in height, for males and 1.64 meters for females.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have found guilty of any criminal offence
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable
NOTE: Any certificate or Qualification not Declared or Tendered and Accepted during application shall not be acceptable after recruitment exercise you are hereby warned:
- You should Ensure to submit documents that are required by the cadre you are applying for. (Eg. Don’t use Bachelor’s degree for Inspectorate cadre)
- Do not submit more than one application. You will be disqualified.
Now that you are well versed with the application requirements, we think it’s time to apply if you are up to the standard.
How to Apply for Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021
To start the application process, you must visit the recruitment portal on https://vacancy.customs.gov.ng
Get your personal details, educational qualification and work experience ready before you start the application.
Now that you have everything within your disposal, it’s time to login to the NCS Recruitment Portal 2021 and submit an application.
To Apply Click on the link below
Follow these steps carefully to ensure a successful application:
With the username and password you created at the registration page, you can login and complete the application.
- Click Here to view guidelines
- Select your preferred Cadre: Superintendent, Inspectorate or Assistant Cadre”
- Read and understand Job function requirements to ensure that you are qualified and then proceed by clicking ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’
- Complete the registration form by selecting your job function and basic information
- Click and read through the Terms and Conditions on the link provided and check the box beside the link to confirm that you have read and understood the terms. Then confirm you are not a robot and click the APPLY button https://vacancy.customs.gov.ng/.
- Go to your email and click the verification link sent to you to confirm your account
- You will be redirected to a login page. Sign in with your email and password to access your dashboard and begin your application
a) Complete all relevant fields. will not be allowed to progress to the next page if you do not fill all required fields in this section.
b) Note: that you have a status bar on the top right corner that shows you if your application is pending or has been completed
9. Passport Photo Upload:
a) Upload your recent passport photograph which must meet the following specifications:
b) A JPG, JPEG, PNG image file.
c) Maximum file size of 200KB.
d) must be at least 600 x 600 pixels
e) If it is a scanned photo, crop the image to show only your head and shoulders before you upload it.
f) Your photo must be a clear image of ONLY you (not blurry, grainy, or fuzzy) against a plain background.
g) If you wear a head covering daily for religious reasons, adjust it to provide a full-face view.
h) Your photo cannot be enhanced in any way (for example, no lenses, filters, text, emoji, stickers, etc.)
i) The photo must be a full face-and-shoulders shot, squarely facing the camera.
j) You must use a portrait (not landscape) photo that is correctly oriented
k) You cannot wear dark glasses.
l) Your photo cannot be enhanced in any way (for example, no lenses, filters, text, emoji, stickers, etc.)
n) If you wear a head covering daily for religious reasons, adjust it to provide a full-face view.
10) Additional Information
a) Select your Physical ability status, input your NYSC certificate number (Superintendent category only) and year of completion in the fields provided, select your preferred mode of identification and input the document number, input your height and chest measurement in two decimal places.
11) Qualifications: Complete all required and relevant fields as they apply to you:
a) Superintendent cadre – fill in the information on your O-Level qualification, BSc/HND qualification, additional Degrees and professional certifications as they apply to you.
b) Inspectorate Cadre – fill information on your O-Level qualification, ND/NCE qualification and professional certificates as they apply to you
c) Assistant Cadre:
– CONSOL 03: fill information on your first school leaving certificate or S.75 or Junior Secondary School certificate or trade test certificate as it applies to you
– CONSOL 04: fill information on your O-Level qualification and professional certificates as they apply to you
d) [Additional Degrees and professional certifications are not compulsory for non-professionals]
12) Employment History [Applicable to Superintendent Cadre only – Optional]:
a) Input details of your previous and current employment as it applies to you.
13) Document Upload:
a) Upload Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age, Health certificate, Indigene certificate and other documents as they apply to you.
b) Documents must not be more than 200kb and must be in PDF format.
14) Summary Page:
a) All the data you have entered on your application is displayed for your review and confirmation
b) Should there be any incorrect information, you can return to the relevant section and update your data.
15) Final Submission:
a) Read the Disclaimer Note and confirm by clicking the checkbox beside it. Then click on ‘Confirm Data’ to lock your data for final submission.
- You cannot edit any information after clicking confirm data
- You can logout and return at a later time to continue your application.
If you have any question or inquiry about NCS Recruitment 2020 or you have any difficult with the application portal, drop a comment below.
Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Closing Date 2021
Nigeria Customs Salary Structure 2021
Do you want to know how much salary is paid in the Nigeria customs? Then read this article to get the information you need.
The Nigerian Customs Service 2021 salary scale is the main focus of our article today. In this article, we will provide information on Nigeria customs salary, NCS ranks structure and every information related to how much Nigeria customs pay workers.
Information we received has it that the Nigeria customs staff salary for recruits has now been published online.
A lot of readers have tried to find out how much is Nigeria customs salary for 2020. Answers will be provided in this article.
Of recent, the salary of Nigeria customs service workers has been upgraded by the Federal Government.
This simply means that Nigerian Customs workers will receive good allowances every month. We will provide Nigeria customs monthly salary also on this page.
All information relating to the salary of Nigeria customs staff will be provided on this page.
If you searching for the NCS salary structure, then you are on the right page. All the important details will be provided on this post.
The new salary structure for Para-military personnel is known as the Consolidated Para-military Salary Structure (CONPASS), which sees an increase in basic salary and allowances for Nigerian customs officers and all Para-military organizations. This is different from the Nigerian army salary, Air force and the Navy.
NCS Salary Structure
The average salary of Nigerian customs service workers – N900,000 annually (N75,000 monthly). The highest salary is received by the Controller-General of Customs, the second highest goes to the Deputy Controller Generals, and Assistant Controller Generals. Customs Inspector salary is N29,779 per month (it is possible to earn extra N4,000 as a rent subsidy, if it is not provided by Nigerian government).
Note: It was stated that salary grade level 07 is automatically moved to salary grade level 08, so this means that Nigeria customs officers salaries are growing.
Note This: The highest Nigerian custom rank which is the Comptroller-General of Customs is the highest paid in the customs service followed by the Deputy Comptroller Generals, the Assistant Comptroller Generals, in that order. Salaries is paid according to qualifications and ranks as graduates with B.Sc should earn more than an member of staff with O’level certificate.
Nigeria Customs Ranking Structure
The highest ranking officer in the Nigeria Customs Service is the Comptroller-General with the Deputy Comptrollers-Generals being the next highest ranking senior officers in the Service. Ranks in the Nigeria Customs Service are by the academic qualification or certificates which an officer has and as they acquire more educational qualifications the higher their chances of being promoted.
Those with either WAEC or NECO (O’Level) certificates are placed at the lowest ranks but as they climb the academic ladder by adding more academic qualifications to what they already have, the better they stand the chance of climbing up the ranks in the Nigeria Customs Service. Having said that, below is a list of the ranks in the Nigeria Customs Service from highest to lowest rank.
- Comptroller General
- Deputy Comptroller-General
- Assistant Comptroller-General
- Deputy Comptroller
- Assistant Comptroller
- Chief Superintendent Customs Officer
- Deputy Superintendent Customs Officer
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs I
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs II
- Inspector of Customs
- Assistant Inspector of Customs
- Customs Assistant
Have any question about Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021, let us know.