Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Purpose of the Job
- To further FMN PLC’s commitment to improving Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) performance by facilitating adherence to health safety and environment objectives and compliance with local regulatory requirements, to prevent injury and maintain a safe working environment.
- Design, implement and communicate HSE management system to meet OHSAS ISO 45001: 2018 requirement and ISO 14001:2015 requirements.
- Prioritize and provide advice in a timely manner on OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Develop programs and plans to achieve OHS objectives.
- Develop, implement, execute management strategies to prevent workplace injuries, and environmental incidences and achieve the annual target set by management for HSE performance.
- Supervise the plant’s Health, Safety, and Environment program and Facilitate internal audits of the safety management systems.
- Promote HSE practice to ensure staff compliance with health, environmental, and safety rules and regulations.
- Review all safety rules on a regular basis and, where necessary, recommend suitable changes.
- Investigate all accidents and damage to Plant property, identify root causes and recommend actions to prevent re-occurrence
- conduct routine drills to test emergency preparedness for all likely emergency scenarios.
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related course.
- Occupational Health & Safety qualification (HSE level 3) is an added advantage
- NEBOSH Certificate, Membership of the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria ISPON will be a plus.
- 5 years of cognate experience in FMCG or Oil & Gas industry.
The person must:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to pay attention to details.
- Have strong analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online