Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HRSS Payroll Cluster Lead
Reference No.: 21305751
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Time Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Operations – Services
Job Category: Payroll
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity.
- The Payroll Sr Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s).
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning.
- Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
The Responsibilities are:
- The Payroll Sr Manager manages one or more payroll teams.
- Advises senior management regarding performance of assigned payroll area(s).
- Researches and responds promptly to inquiries and issues and work with other Citi Employee Service units to resolve.
- Manages the documentation of policies and procedures.
- Assesses and monitors reasonableness of data and identifies discrepancies.
- Performs analysis of and resolves complex issues.
- Assigns projects and team deliverables.
- Provides training and assistance to less experience staff.
- Provides backup to Payroll Operations Group Manager.
- Serves as representative and consultant on external project/meeting calls.
- Partners with businesses to identify issues and required business specifications.
- Evaluates subordinates’ performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Directs area supported through responsibility for delivery of end results and shared responsibility for budget management; accountable for resource planning.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduation work experience, minimum of 10 years’ experience in banking, and 2 yrs. as AGM with experience in at least 3 three (3) major areas of banking
- Ability to provide evaluative judgment based on analysis.
- Bachelor’s / University Degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Job holder will cover Nigeria HRSS operations and additional MENA countries payroll supervision.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.