Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- Receive and Track staff leave requests.
- Ensure attendance sheets are collected and submitted on weekly/monthly basis.
- Create and update national staff HR’s administrative files: Employment Contract, personal documents, leave documents, payslips etc.
- Support Performance review system and track documents.
- Ensure that soft as well as hard record is available in official files.
- Follow up of staff’s medical expenses refund in close collaboration with the Admin.
- Assist and promote employees understanding and adherence to MdM policies and procedures.
- Finding different sources of candidates, and ensure of job posting physically and online.
- Assist managers in shortlisting candidates.
- Collect and track recruitment files.
- Organize interviews and participate in interview panels.
- Ensure References Check system is in place and done properly for each recruitment.
- Organize and ensure Induction for new joiners are completed.
- Manage and Update the national staff database and the paper work is kept in the files.
- Assist HR Coordinator in monthly Payroll preparation.
- Contract management of staff, MoH staff, and daily workers (including staff contracts, extension, amendments).
- Lease with Logistics to ensure the staff contact details list is up to date.
- Responsible for following up of a leaver process.
- Work with Logistics to ensure MdM property is returned.
- Develop filing system for administration department, and after validation of HR/Administrative Coordinator.
- Comply with MdM policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety and security and other relevant policies
- B.Sc in Human Resources Management or similar education;
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Human Resources
- Experience of 2 year minimum in a similar position with an I.NGO is required.
- Experience in conflict or difficult contexts a distinct asset
- Excellent computer skills in Excel particularly (database management)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of recruitment processes
- Demonstrated experience in staff benefits administration
- Good understanding of labor legislation
- Good communication skills, detail oriented and a team player.
- Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Performs other additional duties on request of the Human Resources Coordinator
- Informs immediately the Human Resources Coordinator of any malfunctioning.
- English: mandatory.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications without the above subject will not be treated.