Location: United Kingdom
- Added Date: Thursday, 15 July 2021
- Deadline Date: Sunday, 25 July 2021
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is looking to develop their HR career and who has a passion for delivering an excellent people service.
Achievement of, or study toward, your CIPD Level 3 is preferable but is not essential. Knowledge of basic employment law and HR practices would be advantageous.
You will have excellent attention to detail and be customer focused with the ability to manage a number of different tasks and priorities.
You will have excellent IT skills and previous experience of working with an HRIS would be beneficial.
As a member of the HR Team, you will be handling a wide range of data, including sensitive and personal information, as such confidentiality and discretion will be essential.
The role of the HR Assistant will be to provide administrative support in a busy HR function. You will contribute to the efficient running of the department and assist in the development of a supportive, employee-oriented organisational culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Administration of the employee life cycle including new starter paperwork, support and arrange inductions for new starters and amendment to roles.
- Management of the HR inbox and timely response to queries.
- Assist with HR project work.
- Conduct recruitment and selection administration, and arrange interviews.
- Information management of the HRIS – CIPHR – ensuring electronic records are maintained and updated in accordance with GDPR legislation.
- Maintain leave records.
- Support internal communications.
- Assist with background checks – including references and DBS checks.
- Administration of H&S requirements (including DSE Assessments).
- Administrative support to the Executive Team including confidential minute taking and making arrangements for the Board of Trustees.
- Any other duties as required which are deemed appropriate to the level and grade of the post.
If you are interested in the role please complete an application form on our website – https://www.shelterbox.org/contact/jobs/