- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Job Number: HOT07KD3
Location: Transcorp Hilton Abuja, 1 Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama, Abuja
Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Shift: Full Availability
Job Level: Team Member
Job: Bars and Restaurants
- As a Headwaiter, you will Support the Outlet Manager in the operations of the outlet to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Oversee the outlet and review supply inventory.
- Evaluate team members, and provide training, leadership and guidance to team members ensuring consistent quality and optimal financial results.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including product knowledge, supervisory skills, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Ability to communicate orally in English with both guests and employees
- Ability to react promptly to guest requests and ensure accurate follow-up
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- To attend any meetings, training sessions or courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your Supervisor / Manager
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by your Supervisor or Manager
- Ensure departmental service standards are strictly adhered to at all times
- Ensure proper handling of all operating equipment to minimize breakage or loss
- To be friendly and polite in front of guests at all times
- Assign and supervise side duties to all direct reports
- To assist in other Food & Beverage areas if and when required
- Handle guest complaints / comments efficiently and promptly
- Ensure outlet cleaning schedules are adhered to and identify additional requirements
- To assist in the service of food & beverage when required
- To assists in the preparation of mis-en-place when required
- Study and learn menu terminology
- Report for duty on time with clean attire
- Follow the policies and procedures introduced by the Food & Beverage department.
What Are We Looking For?
- Previous experience working in hotel operations as a Restaurant Captain or more senior.
- Experience of managing teams.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.