Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Treasury
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- Airtel Smartcash PSB wishes to recruit a suitable candidate for the role of Head, Treasury. The role will be responsible for overseeing all Treasury Operations for Smartcash PSB.
- Liquidity & Working Capital: Reporting & Planning; Driving Cash Flow Mgt, Driving Working Capital Management, Driving Projects (Liquidity Mgt Solutions), Bank Charges reduction; Exchange Rate Dealing.
- Risk Management: Support Hedging Activities; Forecast exposures, Maintain Hedge documentation, Support tracking of financial markets.
- Debt Management: Closure of Bank Lines; Document negotiations; Debt related reporting and information.
- Contact with Banks: Bank relationship management
- Policy: Proper Application of treasury policy in particular to verify compliance with trading and other limits
Policies and Procedures in The Area of Loan Administration:
- To implement and ensure compliance to policies and procedures to effectively and efficiently manage loan administration in the Company with a view to ensuring that obligations to lenders are met as and when due.
Turnaround for all loan administration transactions:
- To ensure 24 hour turnaround for processing of payments to lenders.
Loan book of the Company and adherence with loan covenants:
- To maintain complete, accurate and valid loan book of the Company at all times as well as ensuring 100% adherence with all loan covenants.
- To manage relationship with lender banks and other financial institutions in relation to loans.
Policies and procedures for liquidity and cash management:
- To establish, review and implement policies and procedures to effectively and efficiently manage the cash and liquid assets of the Company with a view to ensuring that obligations to customers are adequately funded as and when due.
Weekly, monthly and annual funds management reports:
- To prepare and/or review all cash/funds management reports ensuring completeness and accuracy at all times.
- To implement cost efficient and effective measures in relation to liquidity management.
- To ensure the bank’s receivables are kept at a reasonable level in achieving an optimal working capital position
Relationship management with Partner Banks:
- To manage relationship with Partner Banks and other service providers in relation to payment.
Internal controls and reporting:
- To ensure 100% compliance with extant internal controls and guidelines while guaranteeing complete and accurate reports of division’s activities at all times.
Foreign exchange purchase and utilization:
- To plan and coordinate the purchase of foreign exchange and utilization in the most efficient manner and at most optimal cost possible.
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Education and Certification:
- A First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline
- Professional Certification in Treasury related function e.g. ACI or Treasury Dealership Certificate
- A Minimum of 15 years post-NYSC experience out of which 10 years must have been spent in Treasury related function.
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Result oriented
- Personal organisation and effectiveness
- Attention for details
- Strong ethics.
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.