Talents and Skills Africa Consulting – Our client, a Corporate Technology Solutions Provider in the document copy/print/scan equipment, maintenance servicing, print management solutions industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Technical Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this position, the candidate will oversee all technical matters companywide and manage technical support team.
- You will work collaboratively with clients/users, the technical team, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient, timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the Engineering leader and Technical expert.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members.
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs.
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members.
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Operate in accordance with the organization’s employment, health, and safety, equal opportunities and other legal requirements, organizational practices, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all necessary stakeholders.
- Contribute to the planning and development of the organization.
- Deliver work within budget and agreed on targets.
- Support and develop line-managed staff to ensure they are enabled to carry out their areas of responsibility efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out Health and Safety risk Identification and assessments.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
- Ensure technical team trains customers properly.
- Responsible for being properly trained.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the job role.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Engineering, Elect. Elect. etc)
- Master’s Degree in engineering management or business administration preferred.
- 3 years of engineering experience, ideally in a management role.
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2021.