Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivize our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Supply Chain Management
Ref No: 2100017080
Job: Business Efficiency
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
The Country Head of Nigeria is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership for the Supply Chain Management organisation in Nigeria, with the purpose of:
- Ownership, execution and delivery of SCM objectives, strategies and supply chain cost reduction targets for Nigeria.
- Ownership of Third-Party Risk Management
- Leading the respective SCM country sourcing team’s delivery
- Governance, assurance and compliance of all SCM owned policies across all, businesses and functions within the country
- Provides leadership and support for the overall supplier risk mitigation programs within the country
- Senior in country Stakeholder engagement, representing SCM to all country management stakeholders and applicable risk committees
- Contributes to the strategy and overall achievement of functional objectives as a member of the regional Supply Chain Management leadership team
- Understands and executes on the Country business requirements within consistent global standards
- Executes global and regional priorities in the Country which includes implementation of sourcing strategies and an operating model that optimizes management of SCB’s end-to-end supply chain, reducing costs and managing risks.
- Owns the implementation of the Third-Party Risk Management programme in country, including the development of any specific controls or processes to meet local regulatory requirements.
- Direct accountability for establishing and achieving Country sourcing targets and execution of supply chain strategies through effective resourcing of Country category team.
- Direct accountability for establishing and maintaining adherence to the Third-Party Risk Management policy.
- Leadership of high profile or high value projects in the Country.
- Establishes and maintains effective senior countries stakeholder engagement demonstrating value to business partners through collective collaboration on efficiency, supplier risk and compliance matters
- Manages functional expenses and headcount within budget plans
- In conjunction with SCM Operations, deliver simplification, optimization and standardization of sourcing related processes in the country that increases efficiency, improves risk and control and ensure that sourcing processes
- Ensure that SCM category strategies incorporate the needs of business and functional stakeholders within the Country.
- Ensure that the Third-Party Risk Management processes are adhered to throughout the Country.
- Enforce the usage of SCM related tools that increases efficiency, contestability, compliance and spend control.
- Develop benchmarks and scorecards for team that can be used for performance measurement and continuous improvement
- Creates an environment which promotes the right behaviours amongst team members focusing on shared responsibilities and accountability as a team. Encourages team sharing in the areas of category management and sourcing best practices within and outside the Country.
People and Talent:
- Oversee management of 3 Sourcing Staff in country
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining effective governance and controls for Third Party Risk Management in Nigeria.
- Support and execute necessary actions and deliverables to meet existing and new regulatory requirements that relate to the bank’s supplier base.
- Support country risk reviews for SCM and implement corrective actions as required
- Provides counsel and leadership to stakeholders across the business functions within the Country in support of procurement, vendor management, outsourcing and contract management and other SCM related queries.
- Country responsibility for Governance, Controls & Compliance oversight across Policy, Function and services delivered by SCM
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Country to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters in line with the Local Central Bank requirements.
- CFO, Nigeria
- HR Head, Kenya
- Marketing Head, Nigeria
- Operations Head, Nigeria
- Retail Head, Nigeria
- Compliance Head, Nigeria
- Membership of specific supplier risk committees within country.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Any qualification related to Strategic Sourcing, Vendor Management or Supply Chain is welcome
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online