First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Product Control
Job Identification: 468
- Daily monitoring and validation of Risk & P&L arising from the bank’s trading books by trades, position types based on risk factors.
- Advise treasury where necessary on P& L postings, reconciliations, analysis, adjustments, attribution etc
- Monthly balance sheet review of trading and hedging positions.
- Identify and advise on weaknesses in treasury processes and controls.
- Perform monthly review of Value at Risk computations prepared by Market & Liquidity Risk Department.
- Perform monthly stress tests and sensitivity analysis to assess the impact of movements in key variables such as interest rates, exchange rate, commodity prices etc on the banks trading portfolio.
- Monitor daily to ensure that trading activities are done within approved limits and render reports on breaches as required.
- Monitor to ensure that trading book is marked to market daily.
- Review the valuation of trading positions and financial instruments, to ensure appropriateness.
- Prepare and submit monthly Income attribution, Portfolio Performance and trading risk reports to the Financial Controller and CFO.
- Participate in setting up relevant technological applications for treasury activities.
- Stay up to date with current trends in financial markets and advise the Financial Controller, CFO & Management on implications for our trading portfolio.
- Make recommendations to management on trading best practices that minimize risk and maximize the profitability of our trading book.
- Preparation of disclosures on financial instruments reported at fair values for interim/annual financial statements.
- Provide support in monthly account closing activities and preparation of financial and management accounts
- Perform adhoc duties as may be required from time to time.
- Provide accounting decision support during the launch of new treasury products and product specific system implementations.
- Minimum Education: First Degree in Applied or Social Sciences, Higher Degree / Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, ACA, or its equivalent
- Minimum experience: 10 years of relevant experience in product control, Financial Control, Market & Liquidity Risk Management and Treasury.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online