KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Performance Management and Budgeting
Job Type: Full time
Sector: Banking / Mortgage
- The individual will provide informational and strategic performance reports to support the achievement of the bank’s strategy and goals and monitor the bank’s budget implementation.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job is calling for a person who is likely to be of a specialist, technical or administrative nature.
- The incumbent should have persistence and enjoy working within a highly structured and predictable climate. Routine tasks, seeing a job through to conclusion and the ability to work in a friendly, logical and systematic manner are important aspects of the role.
The Person will:
- Provide practical advice and solutions to problems and ensure that tasks are followed through, loose ends tied up and that the job is completed to pre-determined standards.
- Be persistent in problem solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others. Research all the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Generate and provide specialist and/or administrative services which benefit the organization and, depending on whether they are task or people-related, lead to a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Provide support and care in terms of both practical advice and actions in areas where competence, knowledge and experience are needed.
- Develop networks and identify resources as and when necessary.
- Be confident when dealing with uncooperative people and encourage them to implement imaginative solutions to challenging problems.
- Evaluate situations and calculate risks whilst justifying and defending quality standards.
- Use researched, factual information when solving problems and apply sensitivity and logic when handling conflict situations.
- Adopt an accommodating and helpful manner, debate, agree and, where necessary, accept the objectives set by others and work within agreed parameters in order to ensure that tasks are completed.
Skills and Capabilities
- Review and analyze MPR, APR, CPR and PPR reports for all business units, branches and regional offices and relationship officers.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and proper review of daily, weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Ensure the timeliness of the report so as to aid effective management and business decision-making.
- Ensure all adjustments are properly documented.
- Ensure the consolidated performance report is in conformity with the consolidated position.
- Ensure that sharing/allocation of expenses is duly agreed upon, signed off and implemented.
- Ensure timely completion of the budget processing cycle.
- Prepare budget guidelines and assumptions for budget and strategic session.
- Prepare budget time-table for distribution to all strategic business units and branches and ensuring adherence.
- Follow up with EXCO/Board for Managements’ approval of the financial year budget.
- Provide strategic performance information to Management on the bank’s business units to support the achievement of set goals.
- Maintenance of the MIS software to ensure accuracy and robustness of reports.
- Training of business units on performance improvement and evaluation.
- Prepare and present regional performance reports at MPR/QPR meetings.
- Organize monthly and quarterly performance review meetings and maintaining efficient secretariat.
- Ensure timely provision of required information to auditors and regulators.
- Develop subordinate skill and competencies by initiating career activities related to current and future roles.
Key Performance Indicators
- Bank’s PBT
- Customer service rating
- E-Learning score
Process & Others:
- Accuracy of performance reports
- Number of queries arising from distributed reports
- Timeliness and accuracy of annual budget
- Timeliness of monthly performance reports
- Internal and external customers satisfaction
Risk & Control:
- Internal audit rating.
- First Degree in any discipline from a reputable institution
- Relevant professional qualifications, ACIB, ACA, MBA would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience at least 5 of which should have been at middle management level in financial control department of a bank.
- Good knowledge of relevant regulations and provisions including a good grasp of the CBN guidelines
- Good understanding of key business functions and how they inter-relate to achieve business objectives and an ability to manage corporate and business units performance
- Knowledge of banking operations and product knowledge
- Understanding of budgeting and budgetary control
- Excellent understanding of financial accounting, fixed asset accounting, financial reporting and IFRS
- Strong capabilities in data mining and data/ information management
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Interpersonal relationship
- Decision quality & Problem solving
- Team &Self-Management
- Coaching & Developing
- Team building
- General Management
- Research Orientation
- Attention to Detail (Excellence)
- Continuous Learning
- Drive for Results (Efficiency)
- Customer focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online