Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Operations Audit & Intelligence
Job Type: Permanent
Department: GMD’s Office
- Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, the Head Operations Audit and Intelligence will manage individual assigned audits engagement, audit analytics reviews, investigations, and special intelligence reviews, with special focus on processes, systems and platforms within Operations which is the nucleus within the backbone of the Interswitch business.
- Aside regular audits, assigned tasks will also involve proactive insight generation with audit data analytics, system driven continuous auditing, systems driven investigation, and special reviews.
- The role holder is expected to liaise with relevant stakeholders across the organisation and oversee day-to-day delivery of engagements within the role’s remit. The role will oversee a team of auditors and where necessary, utilize co-sourced staff.
- The role requires a combination of IT risk and audit knowledge; process audit knowledge; expert data analytics competencies and investigation of violation and financial transactions, and case handling abilities to deliver in the complex and inter-connected technology environment.
- Execute operations-focused audits as per the annual audit plan using process audit skills and IT audit know-how to provide internal audit assurance
- Undertake major data analytics reviews and other reviews as appropriate, including special investigation, value for money audits, product revenue assurance reviews etc
- Undertake comprehensive engagement-level planning for all engagement assigned, developing schedules, priorities, work procedures, etc, for achieving the audit or investigation objectives
- Deploy continuous auditing initiatives, using metrics, data analytics and query languages to continuously audit larger samples of known and potential high risk control failure areas (eg regulatory, transaction revenue, ethics-related issues, and fraud etc, considering prior or potential findings) into the future, to avoid occurrence or recurrence, and quick exception identification should it occur
- Deploy audit analytics initiatives, using query languages, scripts and data analytics tools to extract proactive control insights for management to support the control environment of the organisation
- Engender integrated audits assurance by providing data analytics support to all internal audit engagement teams, identifying alternative data-driven audit work steps, and supporting the team to deploy this review techniques
- Keep abreast of new trends in data science, audit analytics, continuous auditing, system-based investigation, and IT audit methodologies and standards
- Work to ensure that data analytics and other technology assisted audit techniques (CAAT) competencies is entrenched within the Internal Audit team and ways of working
- Perform ad-hoc investigations as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor from channels such as whistle-blower, ethical violations, internal complaints, ARC requests, loss incident reports etc
- Ensure investigations are safely and professionally executed to protect the organisation, leveraging appropriate systems know-how, and data for investigations
- Ensure working paper documentation and evidence supports efficient, accurate, reliable, and effective reporting and conclusions in audits or investigations
- Assign and supervise the daily activity and work of other auditors or investigators for quality assurance, coaching and adherence to approved methodologies where applicable
- Foster an environment of protecting people, assets, and reputation by developing, implementing, and continuously improving assurance strategies and procedures including intelligence sharing
- Build strong working relationships with functions and line managers to effectively assist with audits and investigations across their teams and functions
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
- Master’s Degree (Business, Finance or Technology)
- Expert level experience in IT systems audit & expert level experience in data analytics
- Relevant professional audit and investigation qualifications – CISA; CFE; CISM; CISSP
- Data analytics qualifications and practical experience and other relevant IT certifications
- CIA is an added advantage
- Experience working with a Big 4 professional service firm, financial services or technology company will be an advantage
- 10 years relevant experience in information systems and security audit; audit data analytics; continuous audit implementation; and internal audit and investigations, (including 3 to 5 years in a Managerial position)
- Knowledge of internal Audit framework per the IPPF
- Problem solving within a complex interconnected systems environment
- IT systems audit skills
- IT and process risks and control
- Investigation within a complex financial operations and technology environment
- Data analytics and insights / use of analytics tools
- Query languages and script writing for analytics and audit insights
- Financial transactions & analysis
- Standards and management systems
- Business communication (oral, written & presentation)
- Interpersonal skills
- Initiative & being proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Strategic orientation & business acumen
- Integrity and discretion.
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online