United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Product Banking (Product Development & Marketing)
- Full P&L accountability for all the Consumer products and segments (Mass Market, Affluent and Youth & Children segments)
- Chief budget owner: oversees preparation of product budget and business plans including target sales, volume, marketing strategy, consumer segmentation, product positioning, objectives and lifecycle recommendations to achieve overall business goals.
- Coordinates the development and deployment of value propositions, product offerings, target segment strategy, and business plan for customer acquisition, engagement and retention in Nigeria and ROA.
Roles & Responsibilities
Business & Strategy Development:
- To ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Deliver on the business targets for the segments (Customer acquisition of products/channels; CASA deposit growth target)
- Drive the entire customer journey for value realization in the target segment (Segment Prospecting Customer Service; Reducing Segment Churn)
- Implements Bank-wide go-to-market strategy for new initiatives, working with all relevant departments / stakeholders to drive execution.
Product Portfolio Management:
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for all segments through development and maintenance of quality products, propositions and solutions pertinent to its business
- Build and maintain productive and strategic relations with stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for all segments business.
- Drive customer-led propositions for all segments business by developing a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers.
- Manage an effective customer’s loyalty program for networking and deepening the all segment market penetration.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
Segment and Product Ownership:
- Coordinates the development and deployment of value propositions, product offerings, target segment strategy and business plan for the all Segments.
- Has oversight and ownership on end-to-end processes to ensure execution of on boarding for customers and fulfilment of products through engagement with relevant stakeholders involved in executing the standard process to ensure delivery of a seamless customer value proposition.
- Responsible for Portfolio health on relevant products -track portfolio performance (through lead indicators) and taking necessary actions to ensure product integrity is maintained.
- Develops and monitors specific sales & marketing campaigns together with relevant stakeholders to leverage market opportunities that generate new sales/volumes and increase market share.
- Accountable for all relevant segment/product metrics as applicable within the Bank’s policy where applicable (e.g. risk limits, delinquency, compliance requirements. etc.)
- Monitors sales impact & profitability of marketing expenditures both on BAU and special campaigns.
- Optimize fees and charges to create value for clients in line with Treat client’s fairly principles
Market Research Support Function:
- Conduct ongoing market research on the segment to develop insights required to drive UBA ‘s propositions for the segment
- Generate regular competitor benchmarking of segment activities and strategies.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues; etc.) to ensure opportunities are realized and risks mitigated.
- Ensure adequate support programs (like trainings. lead generation, etc.) to enhance product knowledge to the Sales team, branch staff.
- Ensure robust communication on pertinent segment/product performance, market/regulator changes and relevant customer insights.
- Identify and engage low/non-performing locations/countries periodically.
- Ensure all issues raised from the business offices are adequately treated and/or escalated to appropriate units where necessary.
- Our ideal candidate must currently work within the banking industry, with good knowledge of product development.
- Having a sales background and experience in branch management will be an added advantage.
- The ideal person must also be a people’s person and can establish and sustain a good working relationship with stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of Bank’s Operations Policies.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to deal professionally, confidently and effectively with staff at all levels, internally and externally.
- Good knowledge of product and Int’l banking operations.
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks; and to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Sales and Marketing skills to effectively sell Bank products and expand market share.
- Knowledge of business industry trends and practices.
- Knowledge in expatriate banking models and outreach promotional strategies.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guides.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online