Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
- The role is responsible for the day-to-day management of the operations unit and ensuring operational efficiency of the supply chain value chain from beginning to end.
- The unit will be structured as end-to-end operational activities that support the entire businesses within the Group.
- Develop /keep updated the corporate strategy of the business with the view to ensure its consistent profitability and continued growth in addition to its ability to consistently return value to all its stakeholders.
- Support the GMD and other members to align and execute upon the Vision and corporate level strategic plan, including those for business growth, financial management and operating efficiency.
- Build/sustain a high performing team with thorough understanding and appreciation of the dynamics and key drivers of the industries, business impact of changes in key government policies, emerging opportunities, and global industry trends.
- Acts as chief advisor and strategist providing needed support to the GMD, the general workforce and the company’s Board of Directors, with respect to the identification of business and operational risk, and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Provides management oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective and integrated financial management, marketing, sales, supply chain and operational management programs.
- Expands outreach activities and referral networks to ensure that effective technical/operating partnerships and alliances are forged, which will facilitate the Company’s growth
- Develop tactics, policies & processes necessary to ensure business operates optimally, retrieving value from its business environment and retaining such for its shareholders whilst operating within a well-defined Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality framework which is consistent with the Group’s policy
- Ensure the effective integration of corporate and functional business plans with day-to-day operations, and in so doing, regularly interface with individual operating entities within the Group to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of Group objectives.
- Develop and foster effective collaboration between the various functional areas/departments within the Company, and between individual members of staff to ensure an integrated approach to providing high quality products and services to customers, thereby fulfilling the company’s key objective of attaining Excellence in all its business activities and enabling the attainment of set Group goals and objectives over time.
- Work with the Finance function and other functional HOD’s as may be necessary, in liaising with the investment community and financial services organizations to ensure adequate funding for regular business transactions and high-profile projects.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the development of comprehensive Financial Management, Marketing, Sales and Supply Chain Management strategies; work with functional heads to develop effective business plans, supporting budgets and resource deployment & management programs for enabling business activities.
- Monitors business performance indices and budgets to ensure targeted revenue and expenditure profiles are maintained at all times; pulls triggers when necessary to ensure the business is always on course to attaining set targets; co-ordinates the periodic business performance monitoring and reporting activities of the various functional areas supervised.
- Ensures smooth and efficient operations around the distribution and supply of products to customers, including customer service and the management of all related resources and assets associated with daily operations.
- Ensures timely responses are prepared to queries from regulatory authorities as regards any aspect of operations, e.g. Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality.
- Works through the Company’s leadership and management team to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, and achieve effective utilization of assets, product quality and throughput goals and objectives.
- Where appropriate/assigned, represent the company to the external market and public through strategic and effective communications, marketing and public relations efforts.
- Takes decisions and acts in the absence of the GMD on matters related to company operations; performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhoc duties as advised by the company.
QMS, EMS & QH & SMS Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the integration of the OHSMS and EMS requirements into the departmental processes
- Ensuring effective management of environmental aspects, risks and opportunities and implementation of improvement programs
- Ensuring that the environmental and occupational health and safety management systems achieves its intended results within department.
- A University Degree
- An MBA would be an added advantage
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in the operations of Oil & Gas drilling, Construction and Financial sector
- Business management experience across a range of business disciplines.
- Agilely to commit to an action based on logical assumptions and factual information (using analytical tools), taking into consideration resources, constraints, etc.
- Has leadership and management abilities to oversee the Organization
- Possesses a passion to help team members and clients
- Able to see the big picture and plan out details
- Direct communications
- Reliable, follows through on commitments
- Strong process and planning orientation
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- Designs efficient systems, seeks productivity
- Ability to delegate to the right team members.
- Exposure to oil & gas drilling, government and external agencies
- Business strategy development and execution skills
- Construction Industry Dynamics
- Business management experience across a range of business disciplines; Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain Management, Business Strategy, Finance and Investment Management
- Oral & Written Communication.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Master’s in Business Administration
- Experience: Minimum Experience 15 Year
- Other experience: Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in the operations of Oil & Gas drilling, Construction and Financial sector.
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager).
Application Closing Date
3rd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online