Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- Airtel SmartCash PSB wishes to recruit a suitable candidate for the role of Head of Banking Operations. This position is responsible for Overseeing transaction operations, operations finance and general banking operations of the SmartCash PSB.
Responsibilities includes managing:
- Transactions / Settlements
- Managing Bank and Channel reconciliation
- Revenue Assurance function
- Channel Reconciliation and commissions
- Treasury Operations
- Digital Channels
- Banking Operations is one of the largest divisions in SmartCash PSB and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of Payment Banking
- Provide documentation to support system design, testing and training. Assist with the management of customer expectations and customer interactions and participates in team quality management initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing department personnel including hiring, training, coaching and development, performance appraisals, counseling, etc. Managing team of operation professionals and grooming them for the career progressions.
- Handling banking operations related to determining financial objectives, preparing & implementing systems, policies & procedures for streamlining the Banking Operations.
- Managing TAT on transactions and COs control with zero errors.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the efficient and effective Bank Operations
- Stays abreast of latest technological advances and process improvements in bank operations.
- Researches, analyzes, and performs due diligence, and then makes recommendations for improvements in work processes, cost containment, etc.
- Works closely with other divisions and departments of the bank to ensure effective delivery and support of products and services.
- Assumes the overall responsibility for developing, updating, and implementing changes to the operational components of the Business Continuity Plan.
- Preparing & presenting various weekly/monthly MIS reports pertaining to process and productivity.
- Implement Controls in transaction postings
- Ensure accurate GL report
- Handling treasury operations
Assessments and Handling Clients:
- Analyze and understand the impact of any new requirements on existing businesses
- Works closely with partners / vendors in leading system implementations that affect department functions.
- Coordinates with partners/ HODs/ vendors to ensure that outside contractual services are provided as per agreements. Analyzes vendors to assure price, quality, and service
- Define and implement new business processes as a result of the change portfolio
- Assessing needs of channel/ partners/ customers /clients and accordingly charting out viable finance portfolio after considering financial, legal and technical aspects.
- Performing the functions of assessing creditworthiness of clients and taking adequate steps to ensure receipt of payments and recovery of debts.
- Handling high value fraud cases / defaulters / insolvent clients.
- Manage customer experience, complains and resolution
- Develop seamless experience for customers
- Ensure distribution agents are fully support and resolve agent related operational issues
Manage Transactional Operations/ Service Expenses within budgets:
- The role enables the candidate to engage with various groups within the Firm in Finance, Risk, Legal, Compliance and IT to ensure smooth operations of business with various Operations Risk and Control initiatives currently underway
- Identify opportunities and implement initiatives and reduce service expenses
- Identify, implement and seek gains by driving productivity and improvement in various customer service functions including partner controlled operations.
- Managing risks and implementing effective mechanisms to mitigate them.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Advise the organization’s leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization and the Board of Directors
- Responsible for departmental compliance, loss control, affirmative action, and audit initiatives. Stays current with appropriate compliance updates.
- Monitoring key control and performance indicator statistics on an ongoing basis and acting on key control / performance issues identified.
- Analyzing risk appetite of an individual for providing them apt investment solutions, ensuring that that solutions provided match the risk profile.
Project Management Accounting:
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization’s information requirements and financial resources
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Education and Certification:
- Relevant Professional Certification/Membership
- A Minimum of 10 – 15 years post-NYSC experience in Banking Operations.
Skills and Competencies:
- Financial acumen
- Creative / innovative approach towards customer/partners delight
- Ability to influence, control and negotiate
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and network
- Intense customer focus
- Six Sigma or Strong project management skills
- Project management experience
- Risk, testing, compliance, or audit experience
- Effective ability to influence, drive change and resolve conflicts
- Knowledge of Mobile Money various products, systems, and channels
- Strong banking operation experience
- Agency banking operations
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online