Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Logistics
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Services – Logistics
- The Logistics Manager will oversee, material handling, transportation, delivery and return collections.
- The Logistics Manager will prepare worker schedules and ensure distribution, delivery and last-mile workers follow safety rules.
- Managing day to day operations
- Challenging established processes and implementing new processes to adapt to the fast growth of Jumia Services clients
- Finding creative and innovative ways to offer a better customer experience
- Fully understanding our information system and working with our IT team to roll out new developments
- Working closely with the Jumia Services central team to share and implement global best practices
- Managing relationships with clients and partners (Third-party logistics partners)
- Responsible for the logistics P&L
- Responsible to meet the logistics targets and KPIs including quality of customer experience.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A completed Master’s Degree from an accredited university;
- Degree in Engineering,
- Operations, Supply Chain or MBA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 10 years with 2+ years direct management experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatively consulting / banking.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online