Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, one of the top ten (10) leading National Supermarket Chains in Nigeria with diversified Consumer Goods, Retail, Quick Service Restaurants, Entertainment and Manufacturing is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Finance will be responsible for providing high quality analysis of the business performance and market conditions to create forecasts.
- In addition to partnering with the senior management team to make tactical and strategic decisions that will elevate business performance.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data. Prepare monthly reports, which include key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking, and process analysis that will help with providing financial forecasts and decision-making
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Implement effective cost center management system that enables front line managers to deliver targets to ensure achievement of overall company cost goals
- Monitor, determine and facilitate execution of pricing or sourcing changes to deliver gross margin targets
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making in line with business context, industry dynamics, local and global business trends
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the financial performance of the business and ensure highest standards for documentation and accounting practices
- Proactively identify and mitigate any potential audit, tax or regulatory risks. Maintain collaborative and effective relationships with all relevant external bodies including regulators and financial institutions
- Implement word-class controls on spending to eliminate risk of fraud across all payment method and keep abreast of new investment regulations or policies
- Oversee the treasury and cash management function. Improve control system around multibillion-naira cash handling operations
- Project cash flow needs and manage operational and financing cash flows to match capital spending requirements
- Optimize working capital in collaboration with supply chain function. Ensure liquidity targets are met and supply chain function operates within limits of planned cash allocation
- Deliver highest level of supplier satisfaction by maintaining accurate supplier records and developing Accounts Payable function that communicates clearly with suppliers and delivers on laid out payment schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (minimum of Second Class Upper or higher preferred)
- Master’s, Accounting, Finance or MBA preferred but not required
- Must be a qualified /certified Accountant ICAN/ACA
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive financial experience in similar roles and a minimum of 4 years in a senior managerial capacity
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, financial software applications and statistical analysis using statistical packages
- Excellent presentation, reporting and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online