Salpha Energy Limited is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 200 million national consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Accounts / Senior Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Level: Management level
Strategy, Planning and Management:
- To act as Senior Accountant and strategic business partner to Executive Leadership Team.
- To assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Involve in process to recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring department into line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division/unit and weekly cash flow by division/unit.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop metrics for reviewing and interpreting financial performance such as financial ratios, KPI, KRI, KGI etc.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department.
- Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
- Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with treasury manager, unit accountants, internal auditor, head of finance etc
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies:
- Engage with finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company in banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
Finance and Accounting Team Management:
- Mentor and develop a team of senior managers, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-unit teams outside of direct span of control within the main Group.
- Oversee weekly cash management, approve low/large payables.
- Oversee activities of treasury managers.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
Job Requirements / Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant.
- MBA / MSc from top business school preferred.
- Strong background in Accounting.
- Possession of CFE, CISA, CFAN professional certifications as added advantage.
- 6 years minimum experience as a Head of Accountant/ Senior Accountant.
- 14+ years total accounting or finance post qualification experience.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of IFRS, FIRS, compliance and regulatory reporting.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- “Hands On” – Sage Evolution experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
N250,000 – N300,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.