Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Accounts
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
- Provides strategic financial input to increase revenue and reduce costs while keenly overseeing overall accounting process by developing, implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the Company.
- Also, maintains speed and accuracy of billing and client payment, coordinates tax document payment as required and prepare monthly and annual financial plans.
Core Roles & Responsibility
- Accountable for administrative, financial and risk management operations of the Company through development of a financial and operational strategy
- Ensures the provision of detailed financial data, as well as relevant, accurate and prompt analysis and recommendations required for daily business and financing decisions
- Ensures the integration of both operational and financial measures aimed at efficiency, growth and profitability of the business in the long-term.
- Ensures overall effective treasury, cash management and risk planning activities.
- Responsible for budgeting, financial performance monitoring and reporting
- Responsible for tracking, developing and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve Company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Implements operational best practices
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Assist in formulation the Company’s future direction and support tactical initiatives
- Provides guidance / advice to Executive Management about all proposals concerning major financial policies of the company, including but not limited to policies relating to the company’s cash needs, shareholder distributors, share purchases, investments, credit control policies, taxation policies, budget and budgetary controls
- Responsible for the Finance Department and maintains financial integrity of its books, financial processes, procedures and financial controls
- Serves as the principal executive accountable for financial strategy development and execution in the company.
- Develops the Financial Reporting system using SAGE to provide the Executive Management and the Board for a fully integrated
- Maintain in depth relations with all members of the Management team
- Liaises with external financial Services organizations, and investors as may be required, to the business remains adequately funded in terms of Debt, Equity and Working Capital requirements
- Expands Company’s outreach activities and referral networks to ensure valuable and effective financial partnerships and alliances are forged that facilitate business growth and expansion requirements over time.
- Approves all finance & accounting transactions and ensures processes/procedures are effective and comply with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions and manage any third party to which accounting, or finance functions have been outsourced.
- Monitors the Company’s financial books/position and signs off on any adjustments to ensure effective controls.
- Ensure surplus funds are properly invested.
- Manages Company’s asset, debt, cost and profitability position and establishes an appropriate framework for the prompt rendition of returns/dividends to investors, and for repayments of short and long-term debt to financial creditors
- Oversee the Company’s transaction processing system such as employee benefit plan, with emphasis on maximizing cost effective benefits package.
- Review and approve relations of Company with other Commission
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Company risk profile
- Ensure that the Company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements by supervising that record keeping meets the requirement of auditors and government agencies
- Monitor all open legal financial issues involving and affecting the Company
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and
- Defines financial targets (cash flows, ROI, ROC, PBT etc.) and ensures the sourcing of external debt and equity financing requires to support the company’s long-term growth and stability.
- Establishes and maintains an effective financial management framework covering tax planning, financial control and management information system (MIS) processes that support the company’s mission and business objectives and enable the effortless production of relevant periodic reports
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt financing and equity financing
- Invest pension funds
- Maintain banking relationships
- Builds strong and value-adding relationship with financing partners (local &offshore banks) and represents the company to the external financing community through effective communications, participation in workshops and other events
- Represent the Company with investment bankers.
QMS, EMS & QH & SMS Responsibilities:
- Implement the QMS as defined by the manual and related procedures.
- Obtain and communicate customer requirements to the appropriate personnel or functional organization.
- Ensure that qualified personnel and other resources are available to implement the QMS.
- Ensure that services satisfy customer requirements including quality, safety, cost, schedule, and performance; and
- Ensure that personnel comply with applicable laws, regulations, specifications, standards, and documented procedures.
- Master’s in Accounting, Finance is advantage
- 5 years in senior position
- Financial Management / Accounting Field
- Fellow / Certification of a professional financial body is a must (ACCA, or ICAN)
- Proven Experience in Financial Analysis, Financial Reports and Large Budgets.
- Excellent use of MS Office Suite
- Excellent Knowledge of Financial Systems / Programs
- Numeric Skills
- Business Ethics
- Communication Skills
- Strong Administration Skills.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Master’s in Accounting
- Experience: Minimum Experience 5 Year
- Other experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in Senior Accounting position
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager).
Application Closing Date
3rd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online