Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Logistics
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Logistics
- The Head of Logistics is responsible for the effective planning and distribution of cement in Nigeria, end-to-end management of the Customer Truck Empowerment scheme, Cost Optimisation, Management of the S&OP Process and overall responsibility for Health and Safety.
Task and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategy for the function including performance and cost optimization
- Prepare and execute people development plans including succession planning
- Identify and execute cost improvement areas within the function
- Day to day management of the S&OP process
- Automation of the S&OP Dashboard
- Drive Process improvement of the function
- Support Sales and marketing in delivering budget
- Drive improvement in depot infrastructure
- Support OTD Process automation
- Maintain Regional Distribution and Cost Equilibrium in line with budget
- Maintain a periodic benchmark of trucks performance against peers
- Drive improvement in trucks and depots efficiency improvement
- Minimum of related Degree from a recognized Higher Institution.
- Membership of a related professional body is a essential.
- A minimum of 12-15 years’ experience in similar role within cement manufacturing or FMCG industries
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite.
- Proficient project management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strategic thinking, planning, financial and project management skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and projects of various scale in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Proven financial and operations management
- Strong people, stakeholder and change management skills.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online