Ibis Lagos Airport Hotel – is a brand of economy hotels focused on evolutive design with simple and flexible furniture and owned by Accor. Created in 1974, Ibis became Accor’s economy megabrand in 2011 with the launch of Ibis Styles and Ibis Budget. Ibis manages 1174 hotels in 67 countries (2018).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Chef
Location: Ajao Estate, Lagos
- Organizes and supervises food preparations in line with the occupancy and consumption forecasts
- Prepares dishes and/or supervises preparation
- Supervises the different sections of the kitchen: production of hot and cold dishes, dishwashing, etc
- In conjunction with the Sous Chef and F&B Manager, prepares the menus and à la carte choices
- Oversees the whole work shift, ensures respect of the maximum waiting times defined by the brand, checks the presentation and temperature of dishes, etc
- Coordinates with the restaurant serving staff in order to ensure smooth running service
- Ensures that all information is duly passed on to the applicable departments
- In conjunction with the Points of Sale Managers, coordinates the kitchen, restaurants, and “Seminars and meetings” services
- Supervises the staff restaurant and stewarding service
- Keeps up-to-date with changes in culinary trends
- Is actively involved in the local area to keep up-to-date with specific issues and needs
- Ensures that the equipment and appliances under his/her responsibility are used correctly and kept in good condition by kitchen staff
- Optimizes sales by meeting guests’ wishes, while respecting brand guidelines
- Manages stocks and supplies
- Manages headcount for optimum performance in the department: ensures work schedules suit activity forecasts and are compliant with labour legislation
- Respects the productivity ratios as budgeted
- Carries out inventories, inputs data and explains consumption differences
Qualification and Requirements
- Vocational certificate or diploma in professional cuisine
- 8 to 10 years of experience
- Significant managerial experience
- Perfect knowledge of HACCP guidelines
- Computer literate (Windows environment)
- Attention to cleanliness and hygiene
- Excellent management skills
- A thorough and organized approach
- Good training and knowledge transfer skills
- Copes well under stress
- Attractive Salary: Our goal is to acknowledge our employees’ skills and performance, while at the same time respecting the principles of fairness and non-discrimination.
- Regular Support: Meeting in a calm setting, conducting an appraisal, and setting targets is a valuable process, both for managers and employees. Several meetings or discussions are held throughout the year to facilitate dialogue and motivate teams.
- Wellness for all: With operations in over 63 countries, we strive to ensure the well-being, health, and safety of all our teams. Accor is extremely attentive to its employees and their loved ones.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.