Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Growth Hacker
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Growht Hacker, you will be responsible for driving the Growth activities for CRM function in the country.
- Central growth engine choses what to communicate and who to communicate but Growth Hacker is the gatekeeper of finding exhaustive different creative logics that will interest the entire user base.
- The objective is to increase the engagement of the user base and give the right proposition for our customers to keep the Jumia APP and generate high CLV.
As a Local Growth Hacker for Jumia, you should handle these responsibilities:
Daily Task Management:
- Drive experimentation on different communication and segmentation to drive the most relevant content for each user by using data mining and SQL
- Run experiment analytics to get the performance and identify similar users to scale up for the entire user base
- Own local logics / experiments library, conduct recurrent checks and analysis and suggest improvement ideas.
- Drive channel performance through data analysis and content testing in order to improve engagement (visit%) and conversions (orders%) by segment and prevent users from opt-out and uninstall.
Work on new projects with Central Growth Team to:
- Optimize and improve CRM channels’ performance
- Automate the execution part
- Include more logics to have better segmentation and more personalization on our communications
- Drive transition of these projects
Tier 1/2 Event Management:
- Own the planning and execution
- Follow up to make sure all ETAs are respected and that all is clear to everyone
- Review communication plan
- Drive daily performance during the event to assess the situation and elaborate action plan to correct the performance if needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Analytics or Engineering
- Growth hacking mindset
- Proficiency in English and Ms Office (especially Excel)
- Intermediate knowledge of data querying (SQL)
- Self motivated and able to work with cross functional teams
Nice to Have:
- Proficiency in SQL
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML
- CRM experience or a relevant marketing experience driving communication channels
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online