Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grocery Buyer – Jumia
Job type: Full Time
- As the Grocery buyer you will be responsible for the supply and inventory management of brands in the Grocery category.
- You will be working with the commercial teams to ensure correct inventory levels at all times – creating POs, matching inventory to demand and working with the supplier and Jumia services to inbound stock in a timely manner.
- Make sure POs are raised and sent to the vendors.
- Develop supply plans to onboard into Jumia warehouses.
- Manage delivery flows with vendors (from order to delivery).
- Check and validate orders offered by the sales team based on sales history, seasons and upcoming campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze inventory based on key inventory management KPIs.
- Develop action plans in coordination with the sales team to optimize stocks.
- +5years buying experience in a leading Supermarket/Ecommerce platform.
- Knowledge of stock management
- Knowledge of Supply Chain management
- Proficiency in Office 365 with an advanced level in Excel
- A strong analytical sense and reasoning ability
- Good resistance to stress
- Good communication skill
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply For Grocery Buyer – Jumia at Jumia Nigeria
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online