Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE),a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Grants Officer. WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded project and a US CDC funded project and we are looking for talented, gifted and intelligent individuals that are God fearing.
- This position is being recruited strictly on merit, we do not have an already existing candidate, we are sincerely looking for the best candidate that can add value to the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and financial management of grants to ensure compliance with Donor grant processes and regulations.
- Analyze and evaluate grant applications and monitor expenditures of beneficiaries
- Provide grantees with technical assistance in financial management, procurement, planning and implementation of activities.
- Conduct training as needed, such as for various potential grantee organizations and internal staff, etc.
- Conduct pre-award audits for grantee organizations, in addition to audits during implementation and at close-out in coordination with internal Audit and compliance.
- Monitor grantees to ensure they implement and administer grants according to grant agreement and Donor regulations.
- Review WEWE Grant Manual
- Monitor technical implementation of grants to ensure timely progress and according to submitted technical reports, proposed strategy and work plans
- Provide guidance to local partners on grant management
- Ensures that IAs contracts are up to date and work on new agreements for new IAs
- Conduct quarterly review of their transaction and follow up on any issues raised by IAs and close it on timely basis
- Visit IAs activities to ensure things are done in line with WEWE’s procedures and Donor guidelines.
- Process IAs timesheet for payments
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Must Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have a second class upper or high credit.
- Master’s Degree in business administration, accounting or finance is an added advantage.
- Must have experience in either auditing USAID projects or sub- grants for Two (2) years’ experience in USAID grants design and administration, management and oversight
- Experience previously working on USAID projects in the role of a Grants Officer or similar role
- Familiarity with USAID Grants Management policies and procedures
- Professional accounting designation such as ACA / ACMA / ACCA or equivalent is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word or PDF document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected. While
- WEWE thanks all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.