Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Proposed Start date: May/June 2021
Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
- AAH is looking to fill the role of Grants and Compliance Manager to be based in Borno State.
- The Grants and Compliance Manager is required to work closely with the program team ensuring successful grants management and compliance in project implementation in Borno, deliver effective information management and program quality control, support ongoing context analysis, scenario planning and risk analysis. In addition, the post holder is also required to participate in internal and external meetings including leading partnership development opportunities.
- Work closely with Area coordinator for the collection and dissemination of various contributions from the Project Managers, review and validation by Abuja technical team, dissemination and filing of the validated report;
- Timely compilation and submission of reports (internal and external) ensuring coherence and accuracy (Biweekly, APRs, quarterly, interim and/or final report);
- Maintain hard and soft files of AAH Nigeria grant portfolio documents (from inception to closure);
- Play a key role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings preparation and implementation, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings which include representation from each unit (Admin, programs, logistics, security and M&E), compile action points and ensure proper follow up of issues raised;
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as the detailed implementation tool, M&E plan, PFU and BFU amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles;
- Support in Projects implementation, developments ; including making inputs in the area of risk management, quality of implementation, analysis of challenges faced during implementation and working with various program teams and key-stakeholders to resolve problems in a timely, cost efficient and effective manner;
- In coordination with the Head of Grants and Compliance and Deputy Head of Grants and Compliance, monitor implementation of programs ensuring they are in accordance with donor and AAH internal requirements. Must develop extensive understanding of donor rules for project under implementation and guide project manager in the reading of the relevant donor rules;
- To act as an information resource on Borno. In connection with the Area Coordinator, be able to provide informative and varied articles from several sources regarding the current political, socio-economic, security situation in the country. Build a dedicated file to centralize all relevant information on Borno context evolution and development (including Gov and LGA policies, strategies and development plans, resources produced by academics in or on Yobe State…);
- Provide briefing papers and support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor and relevant stakeholders’ visits/meetings on AAH Nigeria programs in Borno;
- Participate in all internal program strategy meetings with senior management team in Borno state;
- Support field level project proposals development requirements for the AAH Nigeria Borno Program;
- Develop stakeholders mapping for each project, notes on advocacy primary and secondary targets (organogram of various institutions and influential members), develop, and follow up implementation of engagement strategies (reports to external stakeholders, advocacy initiatives etc;
- Where necessary, support the Area Coordinator in the external representation of AAH and the coordination with government authorities at local, national and state levels (NEMA and SEMA), NGOs and UN agencies; give regular updates to the main stakeholders when required;
- Develop and manage relationship with local NGOs, CBOs, CSOs and academia to support the development of new programming. Act as focal person for partnership development and management (from selection process to supervision).
- Degree (or higher) in International Development, Economics, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Geography, Agriculture, Livestock or related studies;
- At least 4 years’ experience in international development, humanitarian assistance, international relations or related sector;
- Fluency in English. Hausa and Kanuri would be an additional advantage;
- Excellent experience in proposal, project cycle management, report writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes;
- Strong commitment to the mission objective and general knowledge of programmatic areas (FSL, WASH, Nutrition and Social Protection) in humanitarian setting;
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent English;
- Knowledge of key institutional donors;
- Good communication, writing and analytical skills;
- Experience in assessment, monitoring or evaluation;
- Well organized, attentive to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage to compete for urgent requests and priorities;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context.
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 466,741 per month
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply