Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Manager
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Manager / Supervisor
Reporting to: Field Coordinator
Proposed Start Date: June 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Grants and Compliance Manager who will be responsible to oversee the grants activities at the field of intervention by providing support to the programme team ensuring compliance in donor regulations.
- In collaboration with the Coordination Team (Program, WASH, FSL, Nutrition and Health, Log, Finance, MEAL Coordinators), address any further follow up question/s, comment, etc., to ensure compliant and quick submission of additional and/or revised information required;
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with the field/area co and technical/program team formulate concept notes and proposals; develop context, compile and edit narrative components, ensure budget templates are shared, monitoring and compose other documents as necessary;
- Ensure compliance to donor visibility requirements, edit and draft human interest stories, success stories and photographs for donor reports and presentations.
- Assist the HOD Grants and Compliance and Area Coordinator in the development of grant portfolio summaries, project and donor brief/updates;
- Assist to identify potential opportunities for partnerships with local and international organizations and participating in the development of agreements and vetting process;
- Follow up with Program Managers and Technical Coordinators on Program Implementation and collection of data according to means of verification, from kick-off meeting to contract closure, to allow pro-activeness in the monitoring of the grant and related tasks (such as ad-hoc donor requirements or extension/amendment requests).
- Facilitate trainings and capacity building for field teams, in particular program managers and field coordinators on the project cycle management tools and internal reporting tools.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and proposal guidelines for donor organizations funding Nigeria programs/projects among project managers, technical as well as operational support staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree / or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (International Relations, Social Studies, Rural Development, Economics, Sociology, Development Studies, etc.);
- At least 4 years’ experience in international development, humanitarian assistance, international relations or related sector;
- Fluency in English and an additional advantage if fluency in Hausa and Kanuri;
- Excellent experience in proposal and report writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes;
- Experience in Project Cycle Management, theory of change and project implementation tools;
- Strong commitment to Mission objective and general knowledge of programmatic areas (FSL, WASH, Nutrition and Social Protection);
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent English;
- At least 3 years as Grant Writer or similar (i.e. Project Officer);
- Knowledge of key institutional donors, including ECHO, BHA, SDC, SIDA, GAC, OCHA, etc.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, sphere project minimum standard, gender, protection and conflict sensitivity.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N718,840 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.